News:

The ORG - Truly Independent and Unbiased!

Main Menu

dash removal.

Started by nathan, 09 September 2008, 08:35 AM

s class

Nathan, I feel the same way you do on this.  I would like to do it properly.  I need one for my 280SE (RHD, black), and one for trusty rusty (LHD, colour undecided as yet) - all in all a rather dear prospect, but it has to happen. 

For trusty rusty at least I insist on new (or undamaged used), but on the 280SE, I'm somewhat nore negotiable - but I would like to see some decent pictures of one of these caps properly installed. 

[color=blue]'76 6.9 Euro[/color], [color=red]'78 6.9 AMG[/color], '80 280SE, [color=brown]'74 350SE[/color], [color=black]'82 500SEL euro full hydro, '83 500SEL euro full hydro [/color], '81 500SL

peterq

Getting the dash out was fiddly but no real difficulty once everything was undone. Even the centre bolt was not hard to reach. The manual gives pretty clear instructions, even if you have to remember to keep swapping right for left and vice versa.
Then just get it re-skinned. You can get it recoloured at the same time if you wish. The place that does it is in Queensland somewhere - ask Walter at Auto Exclusive in East Perth, he knows who they are.