News:

The ORG - Truly Independent and Unbiased!

Main Menu

CHARLIE´s W116, 1977 Mercedes Benz 450 SEL

Started by Charlie, 25 April 2010, 05:12 AM

John Hubertz

#45
What an awesome project! 

For anyone who wants the easiest access to translation, I recommend the Google Chrome web browser.  One thing is certain - this car isn't being rebuilt on the cheap.



John Hubertz
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
(Hunter S. Thompson) 

1977 450SEL (Max Headroom)
[img width=68 height=73][url="http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f248/fullhappyfish/max.jpg"]http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f248/fullhappyfish/max.jpg[/url][/img]

djetronicista

Awesome car spent like half a day just browsing at all the information you posted,  thanks for sharing Charlie! :)
73 mbz 450 SE
78 XJ12 (6ltr from 94)
53 Desoto

alyssahowell

Mercedes Benz has always been an awesome one! The expression "death car," uncomfortable though it is, generally means a car has murdered. It's typically down to a dangerous defect, like the Pinto's fuel tank, or some celebrity having gotten into a deadly accident in one. However, on the subject of dishing out demises en masse, no car compares to the Mercedes-Benz 600, the limo of preference to some of the most notorious mass-murderers and dictators. You might like to buy car leas instead to make sure you really like the car.

Tony66_au

Welcome to The Org Alyssa!

Interesting article on your link, good reading!

Tony

Casey

Quote from: Tony66_au on 22 September 2012, 07:43 PM
Welcome to The Org Alyssa!

Interesting article on your link, good reading!

Except for the inconvenient fact that she's not a legitimate member, and that link is to a spammy website based around auto loan scams with various crap posted all over it for the sheer purposes of search engine optimization.

Crap like, "Mercedes-Benz still makes every part for every car the company has made", uh huh.  And the link to the site is named "buy car lease", and the article has named links to things like "Spokane used car lot".

Then again, maybe I'm wrong, and maybe this is Alyssa:



;)

TJ 450

Haha,

... "Dishing out demises en masse". Love it.

Tim
1976 450SEL 6.9 1432
1969 300SEL 6.3 1394
2003 ML500

Tony66_au

Wow... Where did THAT come from!

Maybe..... its a new member who wants to contribute something, googled a term and came up with that website.

BTW I checked the site and its not listed as a scam, phish or spam site.

Looks like Jalopnik did in the early days.

Tony66_au

Quote from: TJ 450 on 23 September 2012, 09:04 AM
Haha,

... "Dishing out demises en masse". Love it.

Tim

I had a chuckle...............

See Casey? 

John Hubertz

Quote from: alyssahowell on 22 September 2012, 05:46 AM
Mercedes Benz has always been an awesome one! The expression "death car," uncomfortable though it is, generally means a car has murdered. It's typically down to a dangerous defect, like the Pinto's fuel tank, or some celebrity having gotten into a deadly accident in one. However, on the subject of dishing out demises en masse, no car compares to the Mercedes-Benz 600, the limo of preference to some of the most... 

This may very well be a machine-generated form of forum spam, or perhaps someone else who speaks English with limited fluency. 



On a similar note, have you heard of the AI (artificial intelligence) program that now is writing huge volumes of financial and sports news for publication by even the "best" of newspapers/magazines/journals etc.

Check it out:  http://www.narrativescience.com
John Hubertz
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
(Hunter S. Thompson) 

1977 450SEL (Max Headroom)
[img width=68 height=73][url="http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f248/fullhappyfish/max.jpg"]http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f248/fullhappyfish/max.jpg[/url][/img]

Casey

#54
Quote from: Tony66_au on 23 September 2012, 09:09 AM
See Casey? 

See what?

Quote from: Tony66_au on 23 September 2012, 09:06 AM
Maybe..... its a new member who wants to contribute something, googled a term and came up with that website.

Maybe, and maybe Jennifer over on the Cherokee forums is her twin sister, and maybe they are interested in some action with you; now if you'll just PM your credit card information... ;)



Quote from: John Hubertz on 23 September 2012, 11:25 PM
On a similar note, have you heard of the AI (artificial intelligence) program that now is writing huge volumes of financial and sports news for publication by even the "best" of newspapers/magazines/journals etc.
It's a pretty sad world we live in.  I comfort myself in realizing that it won't be around too much longer.  :o

Tony66_au

Quote from: Casey on 23 September 2012, 11:57 PM
Quote from: Tony66_au on 23 September 2012, 09:09 AM
See Casey? 

See what?

Quote from: Tony66_au on 23 September 2012, 09:06 AM
Maybe..... its a new member who wants to contribute something, googled a term and came up with that website.

Maybe, and maybe Jennifer over on the Cherokee forums is her twin sister, and maybe they are interested in some action with you; now if you'll just PM your credit card information... ;)



Quote from: John Hubertz on 23 September 2012, 11:25 PM
On a similar note, have you heard of the AI (artificial intelligence) program that now is writing huge volumes of financial and sports news for publication by even the "best" of newspapers/magazines/journals etc.
It's a pretty sad world we live in.  I comfort myself in realizing that it won't be around too much longer.  :o


Lighten up Casey, its a new member and on the off chance that the world doesn't end tomorrow it'd be nice for a new member to hang about a bit eh?

Make the world a better place mate, smile and be of good cheer.

It'll catch on.

As for the end of the world doom and gloom merchants?

Well if the Aliens do come to enslave us I will deal with that at the time..........

Im sure I can whip up some form of cellular disruptor from some copper pipe and an old UHF CB.

John Hubertz

It WAS her!  I knew it!

She just left...  OMG was my wife P*ssed!

The car somehow seems...  happier than usual.  Odd.  I mean, I admit it was expensive, but I've never before had a detailer who wanted to get underneath and clean the pipes!

John Hubertz
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
(Hunter S. Thompson) 

1977 450SEL (Max Headroom)
[img width=68 height=73][url="http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f248/fullhappyfish/max.jpg"]http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f248/fullhappyfish/max.jpg[/url][/img]

Tony66_au

Sooooooooo you had your Pipes cleaned then John?

nathan

remember my org history timeline about MT getting angry? i may have to update it! ;)
at least when the world ends ill have my Gwagen, ill convert it to the Spaceballs Merc version!
1979 116 6.9 #6436
2018 213 e63
2011 212 e63
2011 463 g55
2007 211 e500 wagen
1995 124 e320 cabriolet
1983 460 300gd
1981 123 280te

John Hubertz

Quote from: Tony66_au on 13 October 2012, 05:56 AM
Sooooooooo you had your Pipes cleaned then John?

Oh no... not my style at all.  I'm very married and happy to be that way.  But everything runs better with a clean bottom side...   ::)
John Hubertz
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
(Hunter S. Thompson) 

1977 450SEL (Max Headroom)
[img width=68 height=73][url="http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f248/fullhappyfish/max.jpg"]http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f248/fullhappyfish/max.jpg[/url][/img]