News:

The ORG - No back-slapping boys club!

Main Menu

Carpet replacements in UK

Started by adamb, 06 February 2008, 08:54 AM

adamb

Anybody know of a good but not too pricy way of replacing the carpets in my 6.9? Ideally I'm looking for the complete set but I'm not paying dealer prices. Mine has a black interior.

CraigS

Can you still get them from the dealer ? I didn't think they were available. There are quite a few vendors in Germany, so if you  don't have any luck in the UK, let me know and I will pass them on. There is also the US suppliers of GAHH and World Upholstery, as well as one eBay seller in Germany that frequently lists carpets under W107's. Look for Mercedes Teppich.
[url="http://s109.photobucket.com/albums/n77/Aegeanfoods/My%20Cars/"]http://s109.photobucket.com/albums/n77/Aegeanfoods/My%20Cars/[/url]

s class

Hi Adam,

What is the state of your carpets - are they salvageable?

I need a left rear floor carpet (the item that is held down by press-studs) in black for SEL.  If you are intending to throw out your old ones, I would be interested in the left rear depending on condition.

Thanks

[color=blue]'76 6.9 Euro[/color], [color=red]'78 6.9 AMG[/color], '80 280SE, [color=brown]'74 350SE[/color], [color=black]'82 500SEL euro full hydro, '83 500SEL euro full hydro [/color], '81 500SL

WGB

AMG69 replaced the carpets in my 6.9 before I purchased the car from him and he imported them from the US from GAHH - the quality is superb and I think the cost was about AUD$1100 landed.

I have subsequently ordered and fitted the front seat/armrest/headrest leather covers and they cost AUD$1700 landed.

Bill

peterq

For both US and European suppliers make sure they know its for RHD. There's not much difference on a 116, but for some models (like the 107) it can be significant.

adamb

Quote from: CraigS on 06 February 2008, 09:08 AM
Can you still get them from the dealer ? I didn't think they were available. There are quite a few vendors in Germany, so if you  don't have any luck in the UK, let me know and I will pass them on. There is also the US suppliers of GAHH and World Upholstery, as well as one eBay seller in Germany that frequently lists carpets under W107's. Look for Mercedes Teppich.
Maybe but I don't want to pay dealer prices. I'll have to look in Germany I think or wait for a lucky strike on eBay.

adamb

Quote from: s class on 06 February 2008, 12:24 PM
Hi Adam,

What is the state of your carpets - are they salvageable?

I need a left rear floor carpet (the item that is held down by press-studs) in black for SEL.  If you are intending to throw out your old ones, I would be interested in the left rear depending on condition.

Thanks
The rear ones are in fine condition but they have shrunk!!! Don't quite know how that happened but they don't fit that well anymore. They are black and if I choose to replace them you can mine for the price of packing & postage. If/When I do but you are likely to see pics on here of my replacements so keep a lookout :)

s class

That will be kind of you Adam - it may even be cheaper than postage as I will be in the UK later this year on business.  Either way, carpets or not, if its possible maybe we can meet up. 

[color=blue]'76 6.9 Euro[/color], [color=red]'78 6.9 AMG[/color], '80 280SE, [color=brown]'74 350SE[/color], [color=black]'82 500SEL euro full hydro, '83 500SEL euro full hydro [/color], '81 500SL