News:

The ORG - No back-slapping boys club!

Main Menu

Best velour source

Started by Ds58, 13 July 2020, 10:18 PM

Ds58

Hey there guy

I'm looking for a source of original or reproduction (but same as factory)

In blue

Any help would be really appreciated

ptashek

Try cabrio.de (KHM) in Germany. They were able to supply  certain velour colours still, and I believe blue was one of them. It's the late-W116/early-W126 variety however, with slightly wider ribbing.

The last time I've checked with them, they had the ability to reproduce any of the original colours too, however at a price of 80eur per running meter, with a minimum order quantity of 100 running meters.

Then there's Steenbuck in the Netherlands who only deal with upholsterers directly, and are a massive pain in the back to deal with. In the UK you have D:Class, who may have some select colour availability.

If you're not worried about 100% originality, you're better of switching to leather or MB-Tex. Works out cheaper, lasts much longer too, and either is significantly easier to obtain in original patterns, or very close to.
1993 "Pearl Blue" W124 280TE
1988 "Arctic White" W124 200T
1979 "Icon Gold" W116 450SE

Ds58

hamidagha

Quote from: ptashek on 14 July 2020, 03:11 AM
Try cabrio.de (KHM) in Germany. They were able to supply  certain velour colours still, and I believe blue was one of them. It's the late-W116/early-W126 variety however, with slightly wider ribbing.

The last time I've checked with them, they had the ability to reproduce any of the original colours too, however at a price of 80eur per running meter, with a minimum order quantity of 100 running meters.
I just got some from these guys and blue is in stock. Fast reliable service. There is a service charge for less than 2 meters. I got a meter of ribbed and a meter of plain for about £230 pounds. Not cheap but it will make the drivers seat so much neater.