News:

www.W116.org - The #1 resource for our W116! Established 2004

Main Menu

Becker Mexico - another Retro Model is coming for OZ!

Started by AMG69, 11 January 2007, 02:57 AM

koan

What are all these 5 and 7 pin DIN plugs on Becker Mexico's?

I don't know much about the radio, probably because it has always worked. I had the glove box out one time and was a bit surprised to see a "tin" box just sitting there, not screwed down, I assumed it to be a power amp for the radio.

I've just dug out the paperwork that came with the car, It has the operation guide in several languages and a circuit diagram. I can see three sockets, one is an 8 pin connection which looks like it feeds power and audio to the previously mentioned tin box, another is an 8 pin, possibly octal type labeled as measuring / remote control socket and the last is a 6 pin (maybe 5 pin din style with a center pin) labeled socket for traffic radio adapter, this one is also marked with short circuit plug a link between pins 1 and 2, looks like it is mono only.

I like the look of the "New" Mexico, hope they don't strip out too much, nice if they kept the phone and card support.

koan
Boogity, Boogity, Boogity, Amen!

Papalangi

Quote from: koan on 21 January 2007, 07:17 AM

What are all these 5 and 7 pin DIN plugs on Becker Mexico's?

I don't know much about the radio, probably because it has always worked. I had the glove box out one time and was a bit surprised to see a "tin" box just sitting there, not screwed down, I assumed it to be a power amp for the radio.

I've just dug out the paperwork that came with the car, It has the operation guide in several languages and a circuit diagram. I can see three sockets, one is an 8 pin connection which looks like it feeds power and audio to the previously mentioned tin box, another is an 8 pin, possibly octal type labeled as measuring / remote control socket and the last is a 6 pin (maybe 5 pin din style with a center pin) labeled socket for traffic radio adapter, this one is also marked with short circuit plug a link between pins 1 and 2, looks like it is mono only.

I like the look of the "New" Mexico, hope they don't strip out too much, nice if they kept the phone and card support.

koan

The tin box is indeed the audio power amp.

I'm curious about the "measuring/remote control" socket.  Sounds like it's for test and alignment during service.

The last on is the one that Koenig uses for his Ipod input.  On my unit, it's a 7 pin with two shorting jumpers.  On a Europa that I got for a spare it's the 5 pin.

Michael
'83 300SD, I'm back!  It's the son's new car (12/2020)
1976 450SEL, 116.033  Sold it to buy a '97 Crown Vic.  Made sense at the time.
1971 250C, 114.023
1976 280C
1970 250/8

koan

Quote from: Papalangi on 21 January 2007, 01:41 PM

I'm curious about the "measuring/remote control" socket.  Sounds like it's for test and alignment during service.

I'd post the circuit to the gallery but my scanner won't scan after a software upgrade, when I work out what I did last time to get it going I'll post it.

koan

Papalangi

Quote from: koan on 21 January 2007, 07:05 PM
Quote from: Papalangi on 21 January 2007, 01:41 PM

I'd post the circuit to the gallery but my scanner won't scan after a software upgrade, when I work out what I did last time to get it going I'll post it.

koan

I didn't see the part about your paperwork having a circuit diagram.  I'd love to get a copy of it!

Michael
'83 300SD, I'm back!  It's the son's new car (12/2020)
1976 450SEL, 116.033  Sold it to buy a '97 Crown Vic.  Made sense at the time.
1971 250C, 114.023
1976 280C
1970 250/8

koan

Quote from: Papalangi on 21 January 2007, 07:52 PM

I didn't see the part about your paperwork having a circuit diagram.  I'd love to get a copy of it!

Scanner scanning again, I have 1.7 Mb 300 dpi and 5.2 Mb 600 dpi jpeg and tiff scans.

The 300 dpi scans are just good enough to read all the detail on the circuit, the 600 dpi  scan is better of course.

I have been trying to upload the 1.7Mb jpeg to the gallery but can't, it does nothing then times out, I'll try again later.

If anyone wants the the 600 dpi scan, PM me.

koan.

Des

I've had this in my files, not sure where it came from, does this help anyone at all?

Des

koan

I've managed to upload a 300 dpi circuit with slightly reduced quality but it's readable, couldn't squeeze 1.7 Mb in the 30 secs allowed.

Again, if you want bigger and better PM me.

koan