BBS wheels

Started by 500eguy, 17 October 2007, 12:59 AM

Mforcer

They will fit perfectly :)
Michael
1977 450SE [Brilliant Red]
2006 B200

500eguy

oh my... these are very tempting... i have had my mind set on Pentas but these would look very nice.

Mforcer

As a rim, the BBS rims are better than pentas. They weigh much less which is the main purpose of alloy rims.

AMG sold this style rim along side their other rims.
Michael
2006 B200

500eguy

so i will still have a AMG sold rim then? I think i am going to try to pick these up then... i like the look of them.

Des

Yep BBS wheels look great, mine were 17"s

500eguy

I am starting to like the looks of the BBS rims! A guy from Benzworld Emailed me and he has a set of 15 and 16 inch pentas, the 15s are AMG and 16s Are genuine Mercedes for the R129. That seemed very oddnot sure how much he wants for either sets...

if i can't get the bbs set i was thinking about those 15inch amgs... the 16 inch set has different spoke patterns.... what are either worth?

Des

have seen then sell for a few hundred right up to $800 for a matched set of wide body rims a few months ago.

500eguy

the seller wants $654 for the 15s. I don't want the 16s because they are mismtached... if anyone else is interested i can give you the guys email address.

oscar

500, buy 'em all.  ;D After all, what are you going to put on your SL?

The BBS rims in the ebay ad look awsome.  I love the polished lip.  But I love the pentas as well.  Weird about the different 16" spokes though.
1973 350SE, my first & fave

Mforcer

Assuming they are both genuine AMG rims (I was not aware MB ever used those style of rims) I believe the different spokes were either from a revised style over the years or from the different offset or "dish deepness".
Michael
2006 B200

500eguy

:) My bank account would not be happy if i bought all of them!!lol, the 16s are not amg.

WGB

My 16 inch penta's work fine and look much easier to keep clean than the BBS wheel.

Bill

500eguy

the 16inch pentas is the wheel i really want, i am having a damn hard time finding a set here in the U.S... i want the Genuine AMG example

CraigS

Can't say I'm a great fan of the BBS wheels. They look a bit boy racer and remind me of the wheels that were pretty common in the '80's on everything from Toranas to Toyotas.
[url="http://s109.photobucket.com/albums/n77/Aegeanfoods/My%20Cars/"]http://s109.photobucket.com/albums/n77/Aegeanfoods/My%20Cars/[/url]