Baja lights

Started by 1980sdga, 24 September 2011, 03:59 PM

1980sdga

Yea or nay?  I like it and it should make dodging dear easier  ;D

err, deer...

1980sdga

Low beams:

Hi beams:

Here in the states cars were required to have round headlights and could have more than 4 lamps on at once  ::) The fogs are wired to go off when the high beams are on.  I just picked power up from one of the hi beams and hooked it to a 30 amp relay. I also put a 10 amp fuse where wire comes from the battery. It seems to work well. The bulbs are 100 watts each.

Big improvement in visibility  8)

jbrasile

I kind of like it....gives you a rally look, especially with the big bumpers and round headlights...

Joe

1980sdga

I'm glad you approve Joe! I may go with Cibie headlights in the future but I had seen some pictures of 116's with rally lights and liked it. It's a big improvement over the stock sealed beams.

I hope it doesn't lead to any charging problems. The 10 amp fuse is working so maybe it won't be too much drain on the battery/alternator. Must be pulling less than 10 amps?

jbrasile

Jon, go for H4 round headlights, they should greatly improve night visibility + their lenses just look cool....

Tks,

Joe

1980sdga

Quote from: jbrasile on 25 September 2011, 04:21 PM
Jon, go for H4 round headlights, they should greatly improve night visibility + their lenses just look cool....

Tks,

Joe

Cibies or Hella's Joe?  I think Casey has Cibies and he likes them.

jbrasile

Either one should be ok, I personally prefer Hella because of the lens pattern.

Tks,

Joe

Casey

Quote from: 1980sdga on 25 September 2011, 05:47 PM
Cibies or Hella's Joe?  I think Casey has Cibies and he likes them.

No, I had some unknown H4 upgrade for the low beams, but the lighting wasn't that impressive really.  The sealed high beams were equally good.  I was hoping to get Cibie's as they're supposed to be a bit brighter and a better focus of the light on the road ahead than Hella's, but it's all a moot point now.

CJP28

I must say, that looks pretty cool! Gives it a tougher look. I dig it.

oscar

I'm saying yea!

Not sure why, but I like how the lights have chromed backs so match the car and being round match the headlights.  They look the part.  It's a shame for Euro headlights these round ones wouldn't suit.  They do look rally like but the setup reminds too of classic police highway patrol bikes.
1973 350SE, my first & fave