News:

The ORG - No shonky business!

Main Menu

AMG pentas

Started by Des, 29 January 2007, 01:50 AM

Des

Quote from: styria on 10 March 2007, 03:57 AM
Hi Des, I am glad that you have reverted to your original plans. The front spoiler, in particular, does wonders for the frontal appearance.

While you have been off the air mate I have finally secured some nice wheels for my 6.9, I know, I know, I have been talking about new wheels and tires for months, secured the 17" BBS wheels from Michel's 560SEL,
They aren't Pentas, but still correct for an AMG style 6.9, as AMG did use and supply these BBS wheels for their cars, admittedly in 15 or 16 inch. What would really top this off is if the AMG style center caps fit the wheels.
:)

500eguy

i will be needing those center caps fairly soon, i will let you know:)

500eguy

what kind of tires would i have to run with the 16inch Pentas? and will they just bolt onto the 450 or will i need to get spacers?

AMG69

NO spacers needed on my Pentas (16 x 8); Tyres are 225 / 55;  just bolt on with new wheel nuts.  By the way some centre caps for sale on EBAY Euro presently.
sigh....sitting back contemplating the next purchase..!

500eguy

What size wheels nuts do i have to get? i remember when i put on my AMG alloys on the 500E, i needed to get shorter nuts becuase it would stick out to much with the stock nuts.

AMG69

Yes, I recall that's correct with mine - they are shorter
sigh....sitting back contemplating the next purchase..!