News:

www.W116.org - By the people, for the people!

Main Menu

AMG pentas

Started by Des, 29 January 2007, 01:50 AM

500eguy

so only standard size amg pentas will fit on the 116 without modifications?

Mforcer

I believe 9" wide rims with et13 will fit the rear and 8" wide with et11 will fit the front. Both may need the fenders rolled. I have 7.5" wide et17 and have not needed to roll the fenders.
Michael
1977 450SE [Brilliant Red]
2006 B200

oscar

Quote from: Mforcer on 26 February 2007, 03:43 PM
I did read of a custom 116 wide-body project...

You're not thinking Nutz are you?  He sold it back in Alaska.  From memory, the new owner was going to continue the project.  I hope so.
1973 350SE, my first & fave

500eguy

looks like i am going to win the bid on these deep dish wheels.... now i need to make it fit........:(

Des

maybe get some big fat wheel arch flares made, like this?

These babies ran 15x12's on the front and 15x15's on the back  :o

500eguy

anyone have two front wheels they want to sell me? i would buy a set of amg pentas!

500eguy

can i buy your amg parts? i could scrape up the cash for them! i wish i had a friend in germany....:(

Des

sorry mate i have decided to withdraw them, I was promised by someone who will remain nameless that they would take the, waited 2 weeks for payment, after several messages unresponded to i was told they changed their mind,  :(

so i have decided to keep them and follow my original plans to fit them up,

AMG69

onya Des - cant wait to see them finished product!
sigh....sitting back contemplating the next purchase..!

500eguy

yes, i can't wait to see what the finished product either:)

500eguy

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=150098036022&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=005

Ok picked these up from Ebay Germany, they are going to cost about $450 Including shipping! i think i scored...i am going to refinish the wheels with a black center and polished lip...it will look fab!

Des

That's excellent mate, did you end up and get the 10" wide body wheels as well?

500eguy

No, to rich for me...They sold for about $540 without shipping.... and they needed refinsihing. Plus i still would've had two rear wheels....would have liked to have picked them up!

AMG69

Let me know if you need the Part number for the genuine AMG centre caps - they are available new from DB for about $US50 each.
Chris
sigh....sitting back contemplating the next purchase..!