News:

The ORG - No back-slapping boys club!

Main Menu

AMG penta

Started by 500eguy, 03 May 2007, 10:33 PM

500eguy

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=014&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=330115913043&rd=1&rd=1

Are these real AMG pentas? i am curious because i really want to buy them,

Are those wheels above the same as these wheels below?

oscar

They look exactly the same!  They've got the same angle for the spokes towards the hub and the spokes look the same.

Do you think you'll be able to convince him to ship from Germany?  Worth a try, though I get a feeling like others in Germany, the bid price will take off.  At least their not in top condition.  Hopefully that'll reduce the price.

1973 350SE, my first & fave

AMG69

isnt it just one (1) wheel he's selling??? "one piece"
sigh....sitting back contemplating the next purchase..!

500eguy

no, i translated it... he says he has set of four... i need to get these wheels.. the other deal fell through. :)

oscar

The "one piece" is referring to them not being a two or three piece manufactured wheel, or so me thinks.

Something else I noticed.  They're not exactly the same.   :-\  Sorry, I can't believe I missed this little difference but the best way to describe it is look at the difference in the size of the holes between the spokes.  It's not a big issue and I'd prefer the ebay ones anyway.  To me, the ebay ones seem the more appropriate of the two and match other pics of them.

Compare for yourself.  I kneew Des posted pics of different types recently.  Have a look at the link below.  The first pic Des shows is the same as the ebay ones although they're painted.

http://forum.w116.org/shop/amg-pentas-16-x-8/msg14774/#msg14774

500eguy

does this mean that there is something fishy with this set, could they actually not be genuine amg pentas?

Mforcer

Those rims appear genuine but I would ask to see photos of the markings around the center of the rims first. It could even be worth checking the markings on all rims just to make sure all rims have the same part number.

Fit for the 126s is the same for our 116s and 123s. 124s used the same style but different offset.

I can't see any reason not to buy these rims.
Michael
1977 450SE [Brilliant Red]
2006 B200

oscar

Quote from: 500eguy on 04 May 2007, 01:12 PM
does this mean that there is something fishy with this set, could they actually not be genuine amg pentas?

No nothing fishy.  With my last post I meant the ebay ones are exactly like the ones in Des' post that I linked.  Des' pictures shows the correct penta which appears to be the same as the ebay ones. The other examples with the cromed lip that you showed in your first post are less like the penta that Des shows.  Nonetheless, both styles suit.   Like Mforcer said, I can't see any reason not to buy these rims either. They just need refurbishing.

Ask the seller for a photo of each wheel's hub to verify numbers stamped as Mforcer says, then check with this brochure from Des' post

500eguy

AHHH your the man oscar... thanks for clearing that up! I am on a mission to win those wheels!:)

oscar

Hey I think they look good!!   They're just 15" versions of the German ones.  They're also listed on that brochure above and have offset of 16.

Again I can't remember what offset range can be, but 16 matches the brochure, so they're fine.  It all comes down to whether you want 15" or 16" rims.  I wouldn't know which I'd choose, I'd be happy with either.  I suppose the US ones might be easier to get hold of or would they?  Good luck choosing.