News:

The ORG - 100% FREE advice!

Main Menu

AMG full body kit

Started by motec6.9, 22 April 2010, 11:49 PM

oscar

Quote from: nathan on 27 June 2010, 03:13 AM
oscar, shephards daughter - classic  ;) i just referred to her as the piss puddle girl!

LOL, that's the one.  Thanks for those photos too BTW.  Wherever I piched them from I zoomed in on them to check out detail.  I don't mind the way the rear spoiler is painted.  Black or silver it doesn't really matter but it's good to see how a body coloured one looks.

Quote from: WGB on 27 June 2010, 04:31 AM
Both the daughter's are in the second picture ;D

:D Yes I see them now. 
Thanks for your photos and descriptions WGB.  Very helpful in realising how the rear skirt fits now.
1973 350SE, my first & fave

AMG69

wow! Fantastic find Bill!!
sigh....sitting back contemplating the next purchase..!

WGB

Hi Chris - Haven't fitted them yet.

There has been some interest in making copies and I have been too busy to do anything with them.

I have to measure where the extra 100 mm is positioned in the side skirt and either adapt or re-manufacture new ones before cleaning all the bits up and painting them.

At the moment I am re-building the rear end (New rear arm bushes, pinion seal, driveshaft conversion to 560 shafts and hub bearings planned) so the car is on the hoist and it would be a good time to start.

Bill

AMG69

I will have to pop in and see you next time I'm over West - Julian is keen to see the car!!
sigh....sitting back contemplating the next purchase..!

WGB

You and Julian are always welcome.

Tell Julian I am still taking good care of it - it leads a pampered life.

Bill

thysonsacclaim

These kits are so pretty.

I'd like to purchase one at some point in time, but some minor body repairs are in order first (right after I put the car back together next month). It will have to wait.

I really love the color of that silver car. I considered changing from gold to silver or high gloss black, but it would cost a bit more to do than staying with the same color so I'm not sure I'll give it a go.

Cheers all

AllynS

Okay new here and saw this thread, what happened? Did you make some re-pops? Did you get them installed? Any pics?

WGB

Nothing much has been done as my wife became very ill and subsequently died 11 months ago.

I have not had much interest in my sojourns in the shed but might change my mind as the weather warms up and life becomes a bit more ordinary.

All the body parts have been prepared and only await painting so it really is only a couple of easy weekends work.

I am also working on the 3rd Mrs WGB and she thinks I am a neatly dressed professional man - she will get a shock when "Mr Hyde" emerges as the "Bogan from the shed".

Bill

Squiggle Dog

Quote from: WGB on 11 August 2013, 08:32 PM
Nothing much has been done as my wife became very ill and subsequently died 11 months ago.

I am so sorry to hear this! My condolences.
Stop paying for animal cruelty and slaughter. Go vegan! [url="https://challenge22.com/"]https://challenge22.com/[/url]

1967 W110 Universal Wagon, Euro, Turbo Diesel, Tail Fins, 4 Speed Manual Column Shift, A/C
1980 W116 300SD Turbo Diesel, DB479 Walnut Brown, Sunroof, Heated Seats, 350,000+