News:

www.W116.org - The #1 resource for our W116! Established 2004

Main Menu

Albe's 280 sel '' Interior''

Started by albe, 14 January 2012, 09:03 AM

albe

Still having second thoughts about covering the inside door cards ......wait and see ...Have found a great pair of use sun visor from the states (USA) hope they are as good as they look in the pics will post the new ones, when I fit them . Also picking up a rear seat to use to fix mine should work out well ,Time will tell will post work as it happens .Also got a manual on tune up and repairs for 280's hope this helps me understand the k-jet a bit better . Work In Progress ....Al

albe

Picked up rear seat and is not going to fix my problem so now have a seat in blue mbtex for a 123 if anyone is looking for one in good con .Still waiting on sunvisors hope they turn up soon .

albe

Well things are going slow on the merc at the moment .I am still waiting for the sun visorers from the USA so hope they get here soon .But have found a rear seat to fit but need to know can you fit headrest to the back of a se seat that doesn't have head rest I will be using my seat skins for the new seats if I can change over the headrest .So if anyone has done this or knows if you can please let me know.
thanks.Al

albe

Did some work on the door trims today ,this is what i was talking about for those who have been following my post                                            You stocko boys will give it to me for sure lol .But its what I like. Here are some more pics
Also put new Alpine stereo in with usb and iphone conetionSo let me know what you all think love the feed back

Squiggle Dog

I have to say that the door panel inserts match the color and texture of the carpet. It also breaks up the monotony of the door panels. And, my, is the wood nice!
Stop paying for animal cruelty and slaughter. Go vegan! [url="https://challenge22.com/"]https://challenge22.com/[/url]

1967 W110 Universal Wagon, Euro, Turbo Diesel, Tail Fins, 4 Speed Manual Column Shift, A/C
1980 W116 300SD Turbo Diesel, DB479 Walnut Brown, Sunroof, Heated Seats, 350,000+

nathan

you have a very nice interior to start with. not sure re the door cards but each to his own. you did a nice job regardless!
alpine, i like this stuff! i made this clip of my alpine setup in the 6.9
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSOtJ-sal5E
1979 116 6.9 #6436
2018 213 e63
2011 212 e63
2011 463 g55
2007 211 e500 wagen
1995 124 e320 cabriolet
1983 460 300gd
1981 123 280te

albe

Smart work on the stereo set up Nathan but I think that the Becker radio shows the age of the car to much . They have such a nice dash lay out and I don't think it looks out of place the new stereo . I don't want to drive a stock car . That's why I am making small changes to suit my taste .
They are such a timeless car the w116 and feel they will be a car that people will in joy looking at and owing for many more years to come . I have more mods to come , lowered springs , mag wheels, tinted windows and want to make a nice note from the engine ,not sure how I will do the last one yet. I want to show how a old merc can turn heads of most people not just MB lovers . Thanks for the reply's

albe

I have fixed my sheepskins and fit them so map pockets are seen .They look and feel great
Just need to get the rear seat from Kozzy to finish the seats off All that is left to do inside is fit sunvisors which are being covered in the same suede as door inserts and rear parcel shelf which will also be in the same suede .That just leaves the drivers door handle inside and left side power window switch .Not long now.

Squiggle Dog

Stop paying for animal cruelty and slaughter. Go vegan! [url="https://challenge22.com/"]https://challenge22.com/[/url]

1967 W110 Universal Wagon, Euro, Turbo Diesel, Tail Fins, 4 Speed Manual Column Shift, A/C
1980 W116 300SD Turbo Diesel, DB479 Walnut Brown, Sunroof, Heated Seats, 350,000+

navigator

albe

Had some time om the weekend so I worked on the parcel shelf .
Cut the shape out using the old shelf and made this one up using door card board panel 1400mm by 1000mm .Its thicker then the old one and works well with the suede covering .

The first aid box was hard to shape and cover ,but worked out ok in the end I think

The new sony speakers fit in well with out any cutting of the cars body .

I have keep the handle for the first aid lid and fitted it to keep it looking stock std .

Ok so tell me what you all think about the color and over all job .

It is the same suede that is on the doors and will be on the sun visors as well .

I like it will all work well together when rear seat and head rest go in .

More pics in Gallery in show room ( albe's 280 sel interior )

TJ 450

That's really looking the goods now. Very tidy.

Tim
1976 450SEL 6.9 1432
1969 300SEL 6.3 1394
2003 ML500

KenM

It does look the goods, I think the three tone effect in the front with the very dark dash looks great against the door cards, have you got it registered yet Al?

albe

Thanks Ken ,Still working on it. Have to get a back seat which I have found on here and power window switch and inside door handle for drivers side also need front brake pads to finish of brakes and front windscreen rubber is leaking so new screen and rubber will be on the cards  .The motor needs  leads, plugs, oil and a good tune from someone that knows k-jet well . Its tight money wise and we have two cars and a boat to keep in rego so not to sure when it will hit the black top at the moment . I will have to get the trade plate from work so I can take it for a spin and see how well it runs and if it needs anything else .Very keen to get it on the road .