News:

The ORG - No shonky business!

Main Menu

A pillar chrome trim from The Classic Centre

Started by WGB, 28 July 2008, 08:28 AM

WGB

With all of PB's new chrome appearing on the site it reminded me of the A pillar chrome on my 6.9 which is the one area of chrome I was not happy with and had no replacements for.

I sent an e-mail to Tom Hansen at The Classic Centre and said I was sitting down and could he quote me on the A-Pillar Chrome.

He gave me the price and said there were not many left and that it would take a week to get them in.

The result arrived today - 2 weeks later.

I think it all looks spectacular and consists of

116-698-05-89 Moulding - $127.50
116-698-06-89 Moulding - $127.50
003-988-65-78 clips x 6 @ 0.76 each - $4.56
116-698-07-98 Seal x 2 @ 1.19 each - $2.38
Postage $68
Total - US$329.94

All prices are 15% off their list due to my membership of M-100.cc

Bill

oscar

Far out WGB. :o Great stuff!

Those prices aren't bad considering what they are and the fact they're new.   I've got a few of these pieces in varying condition but it only takes one little scratch or ding from a previous removal or windscreen repair to ruin its aesthetics.  Whilst I've always hoped I'll be able to take on a concours worthy project one day and have a w116 looking new, I hope they do more runs of things like this so they'll be available.  Just too many other things to save and spend money on before I could put these kind of parts away for the future.

EDIT, who else gets discounts?  w116.orgers??????  MB clubs maybe.
1973 350SE, my first & fave

WGB

Quote from: oscar on 28 July 2008, 09:08 AM
EDIT, who else gets discounts?  w116.orgers??????  MB clubs maybe.

I don't know about other clubs suggest you send Tom an E-mail - thomas.hanson@mbusa.com

I know they have some tie up with the M-100 lot but I am also a member of the Mercedes-Benz Club of WA.

I know the MBCWA also sends me the same "Get into the M-B Museum for free card" and apparently gets me 10% off parts locally.

Bill

macatron

I had only thought it was domestic-US clubs (i.e. MBCA).  The more I read about the Classic Center, the more I'm impressed with their commitment to enthusiasts...

brettj

As far as I know the 15% off is offered to the MB Club of America, which I belong to as well. I buy all of my parts from the Classics Center and have had excellent results! They really try to help even when you are not sure of the exact part name or number.