News:

The ORG - No back-slapping boys club!

Main Menu

75 280S Rear Windshield Trim Joint Covers

Started by postman70, 01 May 2020, 12:06 PM

postman70

Hello all, can someone tell me the proper locations for the trim joint covers on W116 rear windshield.. does the smooth piece go on top center part and the 2 other pieces go on the side? I have a small ziplock full of them that I removed from parts cars and im about to send car to have windshields installed back and i would like to give the guy just what ge needs as mot to confuse him..tbh i totally forgot how they were on car..i cant seem to find a close up picture on web where i can see the joint covers..

revilla

Hi
There are 3. The simple almost flat goes at the top center. The other 2 (identical) with a much more complex inner shape having different channels in profile go on each left/right lower corners.

Hope it helps.

postman70

That does help .i appreciate that very much..ill post pics of her when she put back together

Nabstud

Hopefully these help. From a 75 280S Australian delivered. Although it is opposite to what revilla has?

Right side bottom corner near fuel flap

1975 280S - Australian delivered

revilla

Quote from: Nabstud on 02 May 2020, 05:44 AM
Hopefully these help. From a 75 280S Australian delivered. Although it is opposite to what revilla has?

Nothing like a picture. Thx Nabstud.  Front windshield is the opposite (simple on top center, 2 complex on L/R lower corners). I have the same setup as you.

postman70

Cool..so the top has the piece that i guess completes the drain and right side bottom has a smooth piece..on the left side bottom, is it a smooth piece or one like the top piece?

Nabstud

Nabstud

FYI some pics

Front window at the top middle

Front window right side (same as left)