News:

www.W116.org - The #1 resource for our W116! Established 2004

Main Menu

450sel windshield part number

Started by harryb55, 12 May 2023, 04:28 PM

harryb55

I have to replace the windshield in my 1979 450 sel. What is the part number for the one that has blue shading along the top edge and is marked "shaded" on the lower passenger side corner.
The car has AACA "original historic preservation" certified status and I'm trying to keep it all original. My long time dealer parts person who has known this car for over 30 years wasn't absolutely sure because of the terminology Mercedes uses in their descriptions.
So far I have been able to use all Mercedes parts or parts from Mercedes suppliers where possible for any repairs since it was new so why stop now.

Thanks in advance for your help!!!

Harry B

ptashek

A1166710110 is what comes up in Xentry for my 1979 450SE, but that one has a green strip up top.

A1166710010 is clear glass.
1993 "Pearl Blue" W124 280TE
1988 "Arctic White" W124 200T
1979 "Icon Gold" W116 450SE

harryb55

Thanx!  Makes sense considering I'm colorblind and have trouble with blues and greens!
Xxx0110 is the one I want. Hope it isn't NLA.
After a bit of a search I have someone lined up to do the job.
I was only going to have the gasket replaced but saw a small bit of delamination in one corner so it is best to replace the windshield while going through all that effort.

The trick was to find someone old enough with the experience and young enough to be able to do the job.

Thanx again!!!

Harryb

450SEL
105k miles
In family since new
Certified AACA original HPOF
Everything works

ptashek

My German dealer shows it as available for 715 euro. Which is not bad. Considering it cost 700 in 2015/16.

Note that the markings on the glass differ from the factory, so those who know will be able to tell it's not "original".
1993 "Pearl Blue" W124 280TE
1988 "Arctic White" W124 200T
1979 "Icon Gold" W116 450SE

harryb55

I finally found someone in Maryland to replace my windshield.  He did great job, no dents in the trim and no leaks!  However, on the way back to PA the climate control servo quit and the odometer stopped working!

The odometer was an easy fix and my trusty Mercedes only mechanic fixed it while it was in for the servo removal. The servo was sent to George Murphy in TN for a rebuild. It was returned a week later and installed.
All is good and the car is back to where it was plus a new logoed windshields from Mercedes which took two months to get from the fatherland.
Thanks for the help making sure it was the correct part number!!!