News:

The ORG - No shonky business!

Main Menu

20'' Wheel's and Tint

Started by albe, 09 July 2012, 05:37 AM

albe

I thought I would share some pics as I get them on the look of 20'' Rims and my dark tint  8)
I know this is not to everyone's taste on here but just want to see what others think .P.S waiting on my m117 5.6 ltr to be built then on with the efi kit from Henrik and in she goes ya

More to come, she needs a wash and will take some better shot's.
Let me know what you think . ::)

eorotrash1

Love ur car, but think the 20s are a bit over the top, personally I would not go any bigger then 18 inch so you still have a decent "rubber strip" .It definately needs lowering though, but not more then 1-2 inches to take that edge off, how much did those wheels set you back? :)

eorotrash1

Oh, and  dump the mudflaps, look rediculous with those wheels, sorry, am Dutch and straightforward, don't take it personal though, only my own opinion....ha ha. 8)

albe

I have lowered it, the first pic is the  after shot but hard to see, will post better pics as I take them and yes was going to go for 18'' but these were $1,000 brand new with new tyre 's and they are made in Germany so was happy to go with them . The ride is good we have a 2002 statesman with 20'' and the merc ride's better .Just no protection for the rims .Have to watch the gutters .

albe

They are there to stay ,took them off and it looked wrong .But I know where you are coming from  20'' and mudflaps (what the %#@!)  that's why I took them off . But then put them back on it makes it look lower with them on ,not to mention they protect a 34 year old car's ass from rusting away and destroying the nice chrome bumper bars  ;D

Mforcer

The wheels allow everyone to see how clean the wheel wells are! Very clean!!
Michael
1977 450SE [Brilliant Red]
2006 B200

Big_Richard

philpot

How are you going for clearance with the different offset and wider rim?
Any rubbing on the suspension or wheel well?

albe

Only a little rubbing at full lock to the right ,that it and not that bad just don't turn it full lock and it fine don't notice it that small of amount . the ride is a lot better then I thought it would be .Very happy its been raining and can't wait to post some better pic's for all to see .

eorotrash1

Wow $1000, that is a good deal, one off? or at a shop somewhere? Still , those mudflaps, ha ha, understand ur point of view though....looks good them wheels. ;)

albe

On Gumtree second hand but new he never fitted them to his car .they are ICW from Germany 32 offset .lucky find as the offset is hard to get under 35.With out spending big buck's .

entresz

I don't know about 20'' on a 116... I think in a way they'd look more at home on a 126 (just a more modern looking car) ... that's just my 2c worth. Sweet as car though !!
1975 Mercedes-Benz 280SE
1981 Mercedes-Benz 300D
Previous cars:
1979 Mercedes-Benz 450SE
1982 Mercedes-Benz 280E

albe

Come's down to what you like  :D I think that old and new works well on oldler cars .The w116 is timeless and wear's them well and feel's at home on 20'' Better then some late model car's I have driven with 20'' on them . They are for show and I do get a lot of look's .And I put my new plates on today and thought I would show them of .

Here are a few more pics.

I gave her a buff today. still need to wax her .

oversize

I love it and I think she looks great!  Does she handle any better?  Now you have a much better choice of tyres than with the original 14"s.

Just don't hit a pothole cause you'll ruin those nice wheels.....
1979 6.9 #5541 (Red Bull)
1978 6.9 #4248 (Skye)
1979 6.9 #3686 (Moby Dick)
1978 6.9 #1776 (Dora)
1977 450SEL #7010 white -P
1975 450SEL #8414 gold -P

albe

She handles well for such a heavy old tank the wheels give you a much better grip, being 225 wide and 245 on the rear  gives a lot more contact on the road and its feels a bit stiffer with the low profile tyre's .They are load rated to 1025kg so they are strong and made in Germany so think they will with stand most thing's .My next step is to put the vz LS1 and auto in to her then look out . But that's anther post .