News:

The Org - Serving W116 Enthusiasts since 2004!

Main Menu

2-tone door panels.. OEM or modified?

Started by floyd111, 17 July 2017, 06:45 PM

thegreg92

Squiggle, care to name the offending shops? I'm also in the Phoenix area and have had a good experience with Hayes radiator for the 450SEL. I was also considering taking the injection pump from my 240d to be tested at a shop downtown. Can't recall the name tho
1982 W123 240D - sold
1979 W116 450SEL
2007 W164 ML350
2011 W212 E350 Bluetec - lease expired
1978 W116 300SD - sold

floyd111

eeeh.. what happened to the 2-tone door panel thread? :P

Squiggle Dog

Quote from: thegreg92 on 20 July 2017, 12:22 AM
Squiggle, care to name the offending shops? I'm also in the Phoenix area and have had a good experience with Hayes radiator for the 450SEL. I was also considering taking the injection pump from my 240d to be tested at a shop downtown. Can't recall the name tho

Hays is where I went. The guy there is nice but I don't know where these shops are where people report getting dents removed from tanks and a nice paint job for the same price range. As I was stripping the paint off my radiator, I noticed that he missed an area about an inch long around the lower radiator hose tube, so I'm going to have to drive my rommate's car an hour back into town and have him put a bead of solder around it. It's always something!

Southwest Diesel & Electrical is where I went for the injection pump. I also brought them my injectors and when I installed them on my car, about 3 leaked where they fit the upper half into the lower body. So I took the leaking ones back and then one still leaked after that so it went back in. They told me that it was my return hoses leaking. I told them that they were new. Then they told me that it was my hard lines leaking. Then they told me I wasn't tightening them correctly. Then they said it's user error and they are not messing with them anymore. I told them YES they are and we took it into the repair room and I watched the technician take it apart. There was a lot of carbon on the mating surfaces that had not been fully cleaned. So he blasted the carbon off, threw it back together while making a comment about pop pressures not really mattering on these old injectors, and then sure enough, the leak stopped. This is the same shop that wanted something crazy like $80 per injector heat shield. They said that I can only get them through Bosch. I told them "No thanks, I already bought some at AutoHaus for less than $2 each."

I think the thread ran its course because the original question was answered.
Stop paying for animal cruelty and slaughter. Go vegan! [url="https://challenge22.com/"]https://challenge22.com/[/url]

1967 W110 Universal Wagon, Euro, Turbo Diesel, Tail Fins, 4 Speed Manual Column Shift, A/C
1980 W116 300SD Turbo Diesel, DB479 Walnut Brown, Sunroof, Heated Seats, 350,000+