News:

The W116 Library - The definitive W116 resource!

Main Menu

January Drive

Started by Brian Crump, 20 December 2006, 07:39 PM

Mforcer

Michael
1977 450SE [Brilliant Red]
2006 B200

Brian Crump

And me - with tales of the 'new' acquisition.....
Regards,
Brian

oscar

Quote from: Brian Crump on 08 January 2007, 05:13 AM
And me - with tales of the 'new' acquisition.....

Gee I wish I could go - swing by Sydney Eye Hospital to have Nat looked at/seen to (pun intended) - then drive the old highway.  I remember as a kid doing the whole trip that way from Newcastle to Sydney before the freeway was built.  It's amazing now to see the multilane freeway clogged at times.  A few years ago going back to Newc we took the old highway until the central coast.  Far less  stressful, less traffic and better views.  If you guys plan on a Hunter Valley trip down the track, the Old Putty road may be the go. Weekend at the Pines near Cessnock.

Anyway, get this one out of the way first.  Have fun guys.

BTW: "Nat picked up a shift on the Saturday and consequently got poked in the eyes."

I have to clarify something.  I spoke to Styria this morning and realised my attempt at humor didn't work so well. The Saturday is the one before the drive that Nat is working.  The poke in the eye was me supposedly delivering punishment for shift swapping and ruling out the drive. Hmm, sorry for the confusion, Nat is fine (for the moment) Anyway, back to drive talk.
1973 350SE, my first & fave

Brian Crump

I have just noticed that the NSW MB Club is having a 113 drive on the same day and that an invitation has been extended to drivers of other Benz. Details are on the MBNSW website and in the NSW section of the Forum. Does this make any difference to our plans?
Regards,
Brian

Mforcer

Brian, I know this is late in the planning but I would be happy to join our Pagoda friends. Could be very interesting indeed.
Michael
2006 B200

Brian Crump

Yes - could be fun.Your thoughts Styria?
Regards,
Brian

Brian Crump

OK - we are going ahead with the Peats Ridge drive as planned. Everyone is welcome. It's not a Concourse so you do not need to wax and polish to  enjoy it. Of course, if you want to bring a vehicle other than your 116 you will be welcome to do so.
We will miss Oscar but hope to see him later in the year (post-renovations). I hope we have not missed inviting anyone - and if we have, then I offer 5000 apologies and hope you will turn up on the day.
Kindest regards,
Brian crump

Brian Crump

OK - 10am it is.
Regards,
Brian

Brian Crump

Thanks all for a Great Drive today - 5 cars and 10 people made for a wonderful morning/lunch and lots of talk.
Thanks to;
Michael, Julie and the Gleaming 6.9 complete with dark tint, extra wood trim and laid back driver's seat as befits the Godfather image...
Micheal, Rae and the Red 450 with AMG styling and throaty note to the exhaust...
Phil and the sparkling,shining Blue 450SLC that goes faster and further with the silverfish removed from the rear window...
Michel, Paula and the Gold 126 (son of 116?) -soon to unveil the 6.9 lurking in the garage...watch that man; he may want to rally his 6.9...
Brian, Natalie, Steven and the Green 450 where having steel wheels and a quiet exhaust is as good as having the RR mascot in the boot...
(Apologies all for my irreverance)
It was a good drive with ample opportunity to tell tall tales and true as well as to drive each other's cars. Let's do it again soon.
Regards,
Brian Crump

Brian Crump

But it was not quite the same without Oscar and family....
Next time Big O?

Des

pictures!!
pictures!!
pictures!!

:P

oscar

Hi people,

Glad it went well.  That's two meets so far, so it's officially becoming a habit.

I'm encouraged to hear of the "swinging" aspect of the meet. ie car swapping.   :D  When we meet again I'd merely like to ride shotgun in a 4.5 and a 6.9, get chauffered and feel the difference.  I'd rather you guys show me what they're made of than me trying to find out.  I'd also like any of you (especially styria) to drive the 350 and give me your thoughts, especially on faults if any.  Something I meant to do at KV and in Canberra but as usual, time gets away.  You know, I wouldn't mind a shotgun ride in a 450slc either ;D

Anyway, looking forward to the pics.

Brian Crump

Oh Styria - I was honoured to drive the Gleaming Beauty and indeed it is a marvellous car - I would have loved to have opened it up to experience the raw power of all those ccs but alas, it is not appropriate to do that to another person's car. Maybe on our next drive you will be able to take us for a 'fast cruise' to unleash all those horses....? ;)
Regards,
Brian

Mforcer

Thanks to everyone who attended... it certainly was a great day for a drive and the company was even better (for those that did miss it, you'll just need to come along to the next one)!

Photos will be posted later... just been a little busy.
Michael
2006 B200

oscar

Pictures courtesy of styria. 
Who laid rubber?? Was it mforcer reversing for the photo, or Brian taking off in the Gleaming Beauty ;)