News:

www.W116.org - By the people, for the people!

Main Menu

WUR availability and where????????

Started by Bandolero, 25 November 2009, 08:55 PM

Bandolero

My Merc mechanic in Adelaide, South Australia, wants to buy a new WUR for a late 6.9, part number 0438 140 060.
He needs it for a 928 Porsche. (I know...the opposition!)
Where is the best place to buy one? I know it will have to be overseas.
Russell Bond - (Adelaide, South Australia)
1978 450SEL 6.9 .... #5166 .... 12/78 (Sold.) [url="//www.ezycoat.com.au"]www.ezycoat.com.au[/url]

SELfor50

Just on the phone to MB Spares... will let you know shortly.
Pretty sure they can get them from the fatherland.

Cam.

goldacre

hi Bandolero, i was going to suggest importec but they only have them for the standard 450 (three types)  :( maybe they can fit???

http://www.importeccatalog.com/ShopByVehicle.epc?q=1979-MERCEDES--BENZ-450sel&yearid=1979%40%401979&makeid=MB%40%40Mercedes+Benz&modelid=450-SEL-003%40%40450SEL&catid=C@@Fuel+Injection&subcatid=C4020@@Warm+Up+Regulator&mode=PA

Follow this link which discusses a digital WUR with 'play around with it mode for our Mercs' :

http://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/showthread.php?t=215390

looks interesting  

G

12/1979 450 SEL 148K on clock (museum piece)
12/1986 Lotus Esprit Turbo 87K on clock 'Darling, look what Q has brought for us, isn't it nice' :)

SELfor50

Brand new from Germany, about 2 weeks... something like $945.  :o :o :o :o

Brand spanker though...

Better off getting a good used one.

Does it HAVE to be new?

Bandolero

Thanks very much for the replies.
I told my mechanic and it looks like he will order a new one from MB Spares.
He said by the time he sends a WUR to Bosch to be reconditioned, the price would be close to $700!! (Including freight etc.)
1978 450SEL 6.9 .... #5166 .... 12/78 (Sold.) [url="//www.ezycoat.com.au"]www.ezycoat.com.au[/url]

SELfor50

Quote from: Bandolero on 25 November 2009, 10:19 PM
Thanks very much for the replies.
I told my mechanic and it looks like he will order a new one from MB Spares.
He said by the time he sends a WUR to Bosch to be reconditioned, the price would be close to $700!! (Including freight etc.)

Awesome, did you tell him to mention my name for my comission?  ;)

Hahah.. all good.  Brand new, can't go past.  I'm guessing it's for a restoration project on the porsche?

Cam.

Bandolero

Ha ha.....I'm not telling him that as he does look after me (mechanics wise!!!!!) by not charging me too much for repairs.
Years ago I would do all my repairs to my cars, now I couldn't be bothered unless it is small stuff.
The Porsche is a customer's that has been off the road for a while with WUR problems.
The mechanic fitted a spare 060 that he has "lying around" and it worked perfectly, but there is no way that he is going to let the customer take his car with the proviso that he brings it back to have the new one fitted when it arrives.
He'd never see the car or his WUR again!!!  Ha ha