News:

The ORG - Truly Independent and Unbiased!

Main Menu

Autofest - October 15

Started by Brian Crump, 03 September 2006, 04:09 AM

Brian Crump

Shannon's German Autofest will be held in Canberra on October 15. I believe this is also the date for the ACT MB Club Concours. We could make this an opportunity to exhibit our 116s. What about it folks? It is usually a fun event with lots of cars - Benz, Audi, BMW, VW etc with lots to see and do.
A team of 116s would make a real statement. Interested?
Regards,
Brian Crump

oscar

Barring unforseen circumstances, I'll be there. :)

Great idea Brian.  Always wanted to go to a concours event.  Coupled with a 116 show of force on the banks of Lake Burley Griffin, I'm in.

I think a 116 display is a possibility however I'm not to sure if non MBclub members like me can display cars. I'll have to read the latest newsletter from MBSpares again to see what's happening on the weekend.  Whether ours are officially given a spot or end up populating the carpark it doesn't matter. I'd love to go down for it.
1973 350SE, my first & fave

Brian Crump

Some details of the Canberra Autofest are at; http://www.shannons.com.au/events/?month=10
Regards,
Brian

Brian Crump

OK guys - this is it; we go to Canberra.
Details of entry etc. can be found on MB Spares newsletter site, http://www.mbspares.com.au/default.asp?d=201137&p=17935 which is given here with the kind permission of John Green.
Let's do it!!
Regards,
Brian Crump

Brian Crump

Don't forget that entries for the ACT Concours/Display should be in by the 29th of September. Not much time left to do it!!
Regards,
Brian

oscar

Hi guys,

Fair enough about the display rules.  I read the conditions after writing my last post.  I'm just gonna have to join a club (one of these days).  I may not have a winner but I'd like to populate the grill with attendance medals.  They could be winners medals but no one will know because I drive too fast for them to be read. ;) Sorry, I can't help it, it's the AMG spoiler. ;D

Anyway, we're likely to be in Canberra from Thursday or Friday.  If you get a convoy from Sydney on Sunday I may just take a trip up to Goulburn to tag along.  I'll keep an eye on the thread to see what transpires.

Thanks Brian for the Shannon's link.  Apart from the map and info, you'll be glad to know I checked out pricing for comprehensive insurance.  You wont have to give my 350 a wide berth anymore  :D ;D

Regards,
Simon.

Brian Crump

Well I guess I will meet you there.....I'm not sure what time I will leave Sydney so I will not make a committment to meeting on the way in case I am late. I have entered the Concours - why not - it's good fun.
Regards,
Brian

oscar

Well I'm on my way.  Good luck Brian!!  I don't know what the Hume will be like on the way down with duco spoiling critters but in the last few days there's been an explosion of locusts around our way to the point that I'm not washing anything other than the windscreen before I leave.  I wonder how many cars make their way via a trailer.  No doubt the carwash bays on Saturday night will be busy.

Sunday looks like to be cooler and clear, it should be good.  Looking forward to seeing you all there.  Styria, I shall give you a call on Sunday morning some time.  Regards

Simon.