News:

The ORG - Truly Independent and Unbiased!

Main Menu

Would you?

Started by Nutz, 28 July 2006, 06:55 AM

Nutz

Hell,I like it and it would serve me quite well up here in the last frontier during the winter.I looks like it's set up on a Jeep chassis (old Cherokee  ??? ) What you think  ;D

Des

Actually what would look better is one of the Crayford W116 staton wagons setup like this.

Nutz

Yeah,that would complete it huh? Although I don't think I could build up the heart to do that to an estate.

Quote from: Nutz on 28 July 2006, 07:18 AM
Yeah,that would complete it huh? Although I don't think I could build up the heart to do that to an estate.

Ha, I don't think I could build up the heart to do it to a sedan, myself...

Nutz

Quote from: 116.025 on 28 July 2006, 07:23 AM
Quote from: Nutz on 28 July 2006, 07:18 AM

Ha, I don't think I could build up the heart to do it to a sedan, myself...

Even if you had a hopelessly rusted 116 rolling chassis and all the bits and pieces?

s class

A w116 deserves better than this.  Strangely though, it still manages to maintain a certain dignity.

Ryan

[color=blue]'76 6.9 Euro[/color], [color=red]'78 6.9 AMG[/color], '80 280SE, [color=brown]'74 350SE[/color], [color=black]'82 500SEL euro full hydro, '83 500SEL euro full hydro [/color], '81 500SL

dizzyD

Out here in southern California, I've seen pretty regularly months ago, on the 91 westbound freeway a modified 123 300td wagon. I believe it still has the 3L diesel in it. Someone put allot of time into those project. Never been able to get a picture.

oscar

Hi Nutz,

Where did you find that pic?
You're not going to believe this, but I saw this one for sale too.  It was on ebay a year ago.  I think it was a 280se, for sale in Queensland, Australia and they wanted $16,000AUD. For some reason I think the body was put on a toyota hilux chasis with toyota engine.  I've got the ebay number 4548653468, it was linked on a MBSpares Newsletter, but it's too old a listing.

I hope I'm right.  Does anyone remember seeing it last year?
1973 350SE, my first & fave

Nutz

^^^ I found it at the Mercedes forum of Mexico.

Denis

You will notice that us Euro continentals have not made a peep...
We are still overcoming the cataleptic shock inflicted by that picture  :-\

Denis

Paris, France

Quote from: Nutz on 28 July 2006, 08:01 AM
Even if you had a hopelessly rusted 116 rolling chassis and all the bits and pieces?

Well, in that case it'd be easier, but I'm still not sure I could manage  ::)

Denis, those of us in the US are used to seeing people with more money than automotive sense do things like this, so while a little taken aback, not put into shock like the Euro members... :)