News:

The ORG - Truly Independent and Unbiased!

Main Menu

AMG

Started by Mforcer, 18 May 2005, 01:03 AM

Mforcer

Does anyone have details on the original modifications available from AMG for our favourite cars? I have seen the wheels (rims) and steering wheels but want to know more about the other parts for the engine, exhaust and aerodynamics.
Michael
1977 450SE [Brilliant Red]
2006 B200

Mforcer

AMG were definitely after market tuners and were bought out by Mercedes-Benz when they realised the potential of 'hot' cars after the success of the 500E.

I also believe all genuine AMG parts have a serial number that, like MB parts, starts with the series type the part was designed for. Would you consider parting with the front spoiler?
Michael
2006 B200

Mforcer

Quote from: "styria"Furthermore, did you know that all 6.9's came out with a Factory Spoiler? Daimler Chrysler normally always have one in stock in Melbourne and I have bought four of them over the last 4 years. They are about $160.00 from memory.
I did not know this and the photos I have looked at of 6.9s do not show a spoiler, unless I am looking in the wrong place. What does it look like? Do you know of any other external variations between the models (excluding the long wheel base models)?
Michael
2006 B200

AMG69

http://www.flickr.com/photos/67459659@N00/sets/431186/show/

This LINK will take you to a genuine AMG 6.9 that was discussed on another site (M100 site)
cheers
Chris
sigh....sitting back contemplating the next purchase..!

Mforcer

Thanks for the link. That car looks very interesting. I still wish for more details such as are the blackened chrome meant to have a matt finish or is it just a dirty car. I would like to see better photos of the AMG specific parts like the front spoiler. From all the AMG brochures I have seen, none have any details on W116 specific items.
Michael
2006 B200

Nilo AMG

http://www.amg-classics.de   Has some info on the old AMGs. But if you find more, please let me know. I'm also traying to find every info on 6.9 AMGs!

Nilo

Mforcer

Thanks Nilo for another great site. Perhaps the German speakers here (hello, Styria?) could help with some translations.
Michael
2006 B200

Nilo AMG

Styria, sell the spoiler to me!! I'm looking for one of those. You can imagine how rare they're here in Brazil. They simply inexist here!

Regards

Nilo

Mforcer

I am interested in both the electronic engine management and the spoiler depending on quality, performance and price as well as reversibility to original.

Always interested in original AMG equipment though ;)
Michael
2006 B200

Nilo AMG

I'm also intereseted in the spoiler. Could it be carbon fibre made? I don't see why it coulnd't!

Nilo

Mforcer

I am sure a carbon fiber spoiler could be made. I have even wondered how much it would cost to make a carbon fibre bonnet and boot lid. It would sure reduce the chances of rust while making the car lighter for improved performance! 8)

Your question also made me think about when carbon fiber would have first been used. In te 1970's, fibre glass would have been used for the fact that it is cheap to make and light weight - two criteria for any sports car and especially for a part that would be relatively easy to damage while racing. A quick search did not reveal when carbon fiber was first used in cars but my guess it would not have been until the last 10 years. Unpainted carbon fiber sure does look good though  8)
Michael
2006 B200