News:

The ORG - No back-slapping boys club!

Main Menu

6.9 High Pressure Steering Hose

Started by john erbe, 05 February 2022, 08:39 PM

john erbe

Problem solved. Found a source, two actually.

Jan S

1975-mod W116 450 SE with 6.9 engine

john erbe

So they claim. Arrives next week.

john erbe

Daantjie, regarding the hose you got from CCenter, does the fitting coming off the pump have a 90 degree bend or is it like the one shown in Jan's photo? Just curious as mine, and I assume the original, has a 90 bend on it. Not that it should make any difference, just curious.

daantjie

Quote from: john erbe on 21 February 2022, 11:51 AMDaantjie, regarding the hose you got from CCenter, does the fitting coming off the pump have a 90 degree bend or is it like the one shown in Jan's photo? Just curious as mine, and I assume the original, has a 90 bend on it. Not that it should make any difference, just curious.

Yes the new hose has a slight bend, I would say 30 degrees at the most.
Daniel
1977 450 SEL 6.9 - Astralsilber

Jan S

Quote from: john erbe on 21 February 2022, 11:51 AMDaantjie, regarding the hose you got from CCenter, does the fitting coming off the pump have a 90 degree bend or is it like the one shown in Jan's photo? Just curious as mine, and I assume the original, has a 90 bend on it. Not that it should make any difference, just curious.

Long story short .... the hose workshop miscut my original hose fittings, hence I had to buy a "new" used hose incl. fittings. I replaced the "well-used" rubber hose in the new used one. Puh!

The new used one have a 90 deg fitting at pump end. Works fine.
1975-mod W116 450 SE with 6.9 engine

john erbe

In continuance...alleged new "factory" hose arrived. Not factory. Sent back. Search continues. Supplier in Germany couldn't help. Looks like i'll have to get one made.

rumb

try https://www.pirtekusa.com/locations/

They may have a location near you.  they have metric sizes.
'68 250S
'77 6.9 Euro
'91 300SE,
'98 SL500
'14 CLS550,
'16 AMG GTS
'21 E450 Cabrio

john erbe

Thought I read somewhere that for the 6.9 hose pressure rating is 80 bars and for the 4.5 its 60. Sound right?

daantjie

Quote from: john erbe on 10 March 2022, 09:13 PMThought I read somewhere that for the 6.9 hose pressure rating is 80 bars and for the 4.5 its 60. Sound right?
The pump output is higher @ 90 bar vs 82 bar.
Daniel

john erbe

daantjie, were you able to see a bulge in the hose you got from the Classic  Center indicating the presence of the restrictor?

daantjie

Quote from: john erbe on 11 March 2022, 09:33 AMdaantjie, were you able to see a bulge in the hose you got from the Classic  Center indicating the presence of the restrictor?
No it just looks like a regular length of hose crimped onto the fitting and hardline.
Daniel