News:

The ORG - No shonky business!

Main Menu

Not Much Time

Started by TNNBENZ, 10 November 2021, 11:26 AM

TNNBENZ

Winter is coming so will you tell me how to OPEN my STUCK rear left door ?
Door has MANUAL lock.
I know I can search for post but I need fast help......... ;)    :)   ;)
I looked but did not see answer right away !!!
Neglected ~ Rescued ~ 1977 450SEL 4.5L  U.S.A. ver.
Project of Compassion ~ Respect
Silver Green Metallic / Toast
Left Hand Drive
Sliding Roof

rumb

I would try from the inside of car unlock the door and then kick strongly near the door latch area while pulling the inside door handle open. (but not too hard that you damage the inside panel)   Might help to have someone on outside pulling that handle open.
'68 250S
'77 6.9 Euro
'91 300SE,
'98 SL500
'14 CLS550,
'16 AMG GTS
'21 E450 Cabrio

TNNBENZ

I totally AGREE
I THINK I DID kick it once just not very hard,  I was in a hurry that day...........like always it seems.......... :-[    "Nobody knows the troubles I have"  ha lol... :P  ???  :)
THANX, REALLY, this helps a lot because I was afraid I was gonna have 2 take the door apart.......now maybe not...........YES......
Left Hand Drive
Sliding Roof

rumb

The problem is that you cannot take the door apart until the door is open.  With a closed door there are very limited options.
'68 250S
'77 6.9 Euro
'91 300SE,
'98 SL500
'14 CLS550,
'16 AMG GTS
'21 E450 Cabrio

nathan

take out the rear sear from the other open side. it may be your manual child proof lock on the rear of the door was pushed unknown to you. removing the base and vertical of the seatmay give you room to flick this up.  as noted, you cant get the blood trim off with the door shut which is really annoying!
1979 116 6.9 #6436
2018 213 e63
2011 212 e63
2011 463 g55
2007 211 e500 wagen
1995 124 e320 cabriolet
1983 460 300gd
1981 123 280te

Alec300SD

The rear PS door occasionally gets stuck on 'Stormcloud'.
Pulling the door lock up with one hand and simultaneously pulling on the interior latch ususally allows it to finally open.
I need to clean and lubricate the sticking lock mechanism, to get that exterior door latch to operate properly.

Hope this was helpful.
78 W116 300SD 'Desert Rose' new as of 01/26/2014
79 W116 300SD 'Stormcloud' RIP 04/11/2022

revilla

Hi
This is what has worked for me in the past in your stuck door situation. The problem is your handle mechanism has lost adjustment due to rust and/or old grease. Happened to me several times different w116s. The adjustment is quite straight forward as mentioned before, but the door must be opened first to get access to the aluminum barrel screw. But you can try this: from the outside push the door inwards hard while a second person pulls on the handle. This is not to open the door yet, just to exercise the mechanism and liberate the internal weight to move freely. Repeat with firm strikes. Then stop pushing on the door and just pull on the handle. Don't be afraid, pull that handle hard and firm, nothing will break. It should open. From the inside there's very limited options as the weight mechanism is directly connected to the outside handle and the rear top seat can't be removed with the door closed (screw placed between the bottom of the door panel and the top seat metal frame itself.  The adjustment of the internal mechanism is another procedure. We will help you with that later on once the door is open.
Good luck.

TNNBENZ

Quote from: nathan on 11 November 2021, 12:11 AM
take out the rear sear from the other open side. it may be your manual child proof lock on the rear of the door was pushed unknown to you. removing the base and vertical of the seat may give you room to flick this up.  as noted, you cant get the blood trim off with the door shut which is really annoying!
nathen, I took seat out !!!   I pulled on inside handle & put a blanket on door & kicked the kraut of it & no dice.....I did not look closely for switch but did look briefly because rain may be coming & had 2 recover car......
     I will try other suggestions if I can not find the child proof button.  I hurriedly looked on opposite door & saw a slot I assume is the child proof switch. If it is it is inside the slot and I will not be able to move it on the other door !!!
     The lock stem is stuck about half way. So I guess something inside is causing it to stick !!!   :-[
Left Hand Drive
Sliding Roof