News:

www.W116.org - By the people, for the people!

Main Menu

Seats need new padding what should I use?

Started by Alex T., 19 May 2011, 04:54 PM

jjb-w116-hu

sounds good and yes, it is bamboo/biege
do the pleats actually get stuffing in them? that will improve the feel indeed! :)

jbrasile

If I remember right yes, they have a strip of foam/padding inside, the new covers come already fully "pleated" so yo don't have to worry about it.

Tks,

Joe

jjb-w116-hu

how much are the new covers for the front seats/back and head rest Joe?

thanks!

would you suggest having those heated seat options as ok? seeing as the seat will be in pieces, seems a good time to do it ?

jbrasile

James,

front seat kit runs $550.80 - 2 cushions, 2 backrests and arm rest cover

Head rest kit: $82.45 for the pair

Tks,

Joe

MarkM

Alex,

I have recently replaced the pads in the rear of my 1980 300 SD. I concur with the posts. The pads from GAHH (California) were around $440 delivered, and I too, then went to a local trim shop to have them replaced. I could have done it, but the muslin was rotted away. So, the shop replaced it and re-stitched the MB Tex. The shop charged $500 total. So, a grand was spent in total.

Mark

buki5

Resurecting an old thread. 

From what I've been able to determine GAHH and World Upholstery are indicating the Fiber padding for the W116 is no longer available.  Any other sources that anyone knows about or high quality substitutes or DIY solutions.  Visually my seats look great.  However, I basically have a huge SL since I don't let anyone sit in the back seats.  :D
1980 300SD turned over 84K 10-20-2021
Silver w/ Blk MB Tex

rumb

'68 250S
'77 6.9 Euro
'91 300SE,
'98 SL500
'14 CLS550,
'16 AMG GTS
'21 E450 Cabrio

floyd111

And just in case: GAHH is very eager to drop prices by 40% if you have a reasonable story with an outlook to more sales. :)