News:

The ORG - No shonky business!

Main Menu

Recent posts

Mechanicals / Re: Unknown rubber retaining c...
Last post by johnnyw116 - 25 March 2024, 05:38 AM
I saw this small clip on the Niemoeler site it has partnumber :000 994 89 45
https://www.niemoeller.de/en/w116/w116-mercedes-280SE/B024/890101#map-list
Mechanicals / Unknown rubber retaining clip ...
Last post by Alex - 24 March 2024, 07:49 PM
Mechanicals / Seatbelts
Last post by Magyar - 23 March 2024, 04:58 AM
Hi can I take out w 126 seat belts and put them into a w 116?
Mechanicals / 1980 300SD Rear Bendix Caliper...
Last post by HoundFables - 21 March 2024, 10:21 PM
Team,

I'm doing some work on my brake system, and figured I'd go ahead and replace/rebuild all of the rubber bits, including the calipers themselves.

I didn't realize before embarking that my rear calipers were indeed Bendix, while my front calipers were Ate (figured they'd be the same all around, and I'd only checked the front end for fitment). I went ahead and purchased Ate rebuild items before realizing this was the case--whoops!

Anyways, I've got some caliper half seal rings that were supposed to fit Ate calipers, and I'm just wondering if they'd also fit the Bendix calipers in the rear. I'm hesitant to split them apart to check, for obvious reasons.

I've spent the last couple hours scouring the internet and trying to find parts, but info on the Bendix calipers is scarce. None of the rebuild kits I am turning up with seem to include these caliper half seal rings.

Any ideas?
Mechanicals / Re: PSA - Effect of ethanol bl...
Last post by raueda1 - 20 March 2024, 10:36 AM
Quote from: revilla on 23 September 2023, 01:33 PMOr could be this one depending on your fuel package, with or without check valve, one inlet type accumulator.

I'm struggling to find the single (i.e., 2-ended) part pictured that replaces the rubber hose. All that I can find from usual suppliers is the rubber hose design.  1234702264 seems to be the 3-ended solid tube version.  Does anybody know the PN for the solid line that replaces the rubber hose version? Thanks and cheers,
Mechanicals / Re: Replacing Indicator Relays
Last post by Pete49 - 19 March 2024, 10:02 PM
search for Topklasse its a aussie forum board dealing in W117 models. Also in Ozbenz forum is an answer regarding thisvery question and how to adjust the aftermarket one work correctly.
Mechanicals / Re: Replacing Indicator Relays
Last post by Alex - 19 March 2024, 06:35 AM
Quote from: Jed on 16 March 2024, 02:59 PMSome cars have the relay built into the large hazard switch relay in the center console.  Other models have a separate relay under dash.  Just follow the clicking noise when the turn signal is on and that's the relay.

Before I would start messing with the relay I would not only change the bulbs but be sure all the contacts are good and not corroded/oxidized, including the grounds on all the light bulbs.  A fast flashing turn signal usually means too much resistance/a bulb is out.  If all the bulbs are working you may still have too much resistance due to corrosion or a bad contact.

i would not mess around with aftermarket relays  Get the correct OEM style relay. Some are reasonabley priced and some are not...

I replaced all bulbs so that isn't it. The wires all looked good and fine, (untouched since 1977 purchase).

https://www.repco.com.au/globes-batteries-electrical/electrical-accessories/flashers-relays/tridon-flasher-12v-3-pin-hd13/p/A4070658
^ I might just chuck one of these in. Thoughts? - I reckon it should just work..

The bulbs I have in currently are 21W. (ba15s). And the flasher takes 11-15v, and its a consistent speed.
Shop / Re: 6.9 UK model wanted
Last post by 6point9kenya - 18 March 2024, 09:08 AM
Unfortunately, I am not a member of Mercedes Club UK anymore...

If anybody here is and sees a 6.9 for sale, I would appreciate the lead...

J-P
Mechanicals / Re: ElectricL
Last post by Alec300SD - 17 March 2024, 08:52 PM
Plugs into warning buzzer switch on steering column column lock assembly shown on attached image.
That switch is AWOL on your assembly.

Mechanicals / Re: ElectricL
Last post by daantjie - 17 March 2024, 04:36 PM
Might be connection for power to the radio.