News:

Location, Location, Location.
Please add your location to your profile. It will help others to help you!

Main Menu

Recent posts

Mechanicals / Re: 280se - new to me, warm st...
Last post by SteveDuNord - Today at 04:27 PM
Managed to get the new pump on using the existing fuel hose (new hose was too small for the diaphragm, absolute pita).

It's dark, I'm late for dinner, managed to get everything to stop leaking and guess what? One of the electrical connecter threads snapped.

Just like the front shock absorber I recently tried to fit. Snapped bolt - leaving me sh*t out of luck. I hate this car!!

Here's the old pump. I'm praying that if I remove the blue plastic I'll see that the threads can be removed so I can add it to the new pump. Short of that, I could solder the lead to the pump, but have no appetite to solder near fuel.

Test Drive / Re: New to me 450 SEs
Last post by smileyscull - Today at 04:42 AM
Your car looks so great!
Test Drive / Re: Road & Track
Last post by kalefry - Today at 03:50 AM
Your playlist sound so good.
Auto Torque / Re: Maybach
Last post by rumb - Yesterday at 07:05 PM
I think everyone would be fighting to get the backseat.  No one would want to drive...
Mechanicals / Re: Metallic sound from 6.9 en...
Last post by Randys01 - Yesterday at 06:41 PM
Funnily enuff I came across a couple of spare pumps in storage after 5years and as Dave has said...the square one has square-ish pipes and the round one is definitely round pipes.
Mechanicals / Re: Instrument lamps 280SE
Last post by Randys01 - Yesterday at 06:35 PM
they usually come in a packet.get some spares while you're at it so if a couple sneak up ....
Auto Torque / Re: Maybach
Last post by Randys01 - Yesterday at 06:33 PM
I've been in one of these and the rear /whole cabin is amazing.
More like Biz class on an Air New Zealand B777!!
Mechanicals / Re: 1973 M/B 450se one owner
Last post by Rob Smith - Yesterday at 05:54 PM
Thanks Rumb your the best

Rob Smith
Mechanicals / Re: Instrument lamps 280SE
Last post by Feather535 - Yesterday at 02:33 PM
Yes, that's it. Found them online right away. Thanks so much.

Only question is how many to order. Are there more of them hidden around the car?
Mechanicals / Re: Metallic sound from 6.9 en...
Last post by raueda1 - Yesterday at 09:25 AM
Quote from: Jan S on Yesterday at 05:24 AMAnyone has pics of square and round water pumps?

I'm trying to determine which one is in my car.

If you can see it at all it's pretty clear.  There are 2 aluminum pipes going down from the rear of the water pump body on the front of the block.  The pipes are either round or rectangular.  Mine are round though my impression is that rectangular is more common.  Cheers,