News:

Please add your location to your profile. It will help others to help you!

Main Menu

Zwartkops International Historic Racing Festival - Part 5: F1 and other exotica

Started by Grant V, 29 January 2012, 09:18 AM

Grant V

"You've bought another bloody car?!? We should have you committed!" he shrieked, storming out of the room

carl888

Thanks Grant for your lovely pics!  How did your car run (And which one was it?)  Some pretty serious stuff there with the F1 cars and the mighty Porsches.

carl888

koan

Looks like a fantastic event.

Nothing like that in AUS to my knowledge, it'd be restricted to Holdens and Fords anyway.

koan
Boogity, Boogity, Boogity, Amen!

Grant V

Quote from: carl888 on 29 January 2012, 04:57 PM
Thanks Grant for your lovely pics!  How did your car run (And which one was it?)  Some pretty serious stuff there with the F1 cars and the mighty Porsches.

I run the W111 Finny in the 'Legends of the 9 Hour' event, and it was the first time out in a year. I dropped the tyre pressures by 0.2 Bar all round and the handling improved dramatically - I was able to clip the kerbs, and the result was a best ever lap of 1min20. The V8 bruisers are getting around in 1min15.

Here is a grainy Youtube clip of the Finny in action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9aplxZLY5k
"You've bought another bloody car?!? We should have you committed!" he shrieked, storming out of the room