News:

www.W116.org - By the people, for the people!

Main Menu

Your local Merc population

Started by oscar, 31 January 2007, 06:42 AM

oscar

Just saw this in todays local paper.  Thought it amusing in many ways.  At work they said my 280 pushed MB ownership into the top-10   :D.  The figures aren't quite correct because I'm doubting they've included club registration.  There's actually 3 Ferrari's, plus at least three 56/57 roadworthy chev coupes worth a mention.  Anyway, not bad for a town of 26,000.

It's amusing how the Merc population is commented on the way it is.  Clearly, the star and grill (sounds like a steakhouse  :D) conjours the MB spell that no matter how old it is, it's a merc and you must be wealthy. Of the 140 mercs, a major majority are not current models though, and are affordable to many.  But let the status-quo remain.  It does make me wonder what $50,000 would've bought instead of our Ford Territory.

I kid you not, before I went on holidays two weeks ago I saw my first current type 500SL.  Silver of course (aren't they all). There's a restraunt up the top end of town where I saw this SL and where I've noticed new CLK's x 2 (silver   :D), a new Jag, plus other imported luxury cars.  I must take more notice next time.

Anybody have similar info for their area??

1973 350SE, my first & fave

s class

"A few lucky residents hold keys to imported cars which are likely to arouse envy among Griffith's car lovers.  These include a Dodge, a Lada, a Fiat, a Morgan, a GMC, and a Daimler."

:D :D :D :D

[color=blue]'76 6.9 Euro[/color], [color=red]'78 6.9 AMG[/color], '80 280SE, [color=brown]'74 350SE[/color], [color=black]'82 500SEL euro full hydro, '83 500SEL euro full hydro [/color], '81 500SL

oscar

1973 350SE, my first & fave

James R

Did someone say Morgan ? Now that's a car. Plus 8 for me please.
1978 450SEL 6.9 - GONE!

1979 450SEL - GONE!