News:

www.W116.org - The #1 resource for our W116! Established 2004

Main Menu

(Your) Car in The Movies

Started by AMG69, 21 November 2006, 04:37 AM

AMG69

I seem to recall that you can actually offer your car to appear in Movies...some website where you register your details and if (say) they need a pristine W116 in some 1970's movie remake (!) they will call you and enquire if they can use YOUR car in that move.....anyone ever heard of that site??????
sigh....sitting back contemplating the next purchase..!

AMG69

sigh....sitting back contemplating the next purchase..!

s class

I can do better than that, my 1992 500SEL W140 has apparently appeared in a movie.  Late 2005, during the filming of Jean Claude van Damme's latest movie, they did some location shooting in Cape Town here in South Africa and apparently they hired my 500SEL from the dealer just before I bought it.  THe dealer buys, sells and repairs benzes and will hire them for weddings etc. 

When I got the car, it was still full of beach sand, cigarette packets, and a camera bag etc from the film crew.  It also has a small dent/scrape down the left that they apparently caused.  Now I have no desire to see Jean Claude acting, but I will try to get my hands on the DVD when its released to see my car.  I only hope I don't see them being too rough with it. 

Ryan

[color=blue]'76 6.9 Euro[/color], [color=red]'78 6.9 AMG[/color], '80 280SE, [color=brown]'74 350SE[/color], [color=black]'82 500SEL euro full hydro, '83 500SEL euro full hydro [/color], '81 500SL