News:

The Org - Serving W116 Enthusiasts since 2004!

Main Menu

What's in your boot (trunk)?

Started by Mforcer, 03 July 2005, 06:49 PM

Mforcer

Hi all,

I was just wondering what everyone keeps in their boot all year round? Apart from the spare wheel and tool kit, I also have some of my car cleaning stuff, a car cover and a sun shelter for when we stop for a picnic. I also have a bottle of distilled water. What do you keep in your boot?

Also, what does everyone recommend keeping in their boot for longer trips? Any special tools, belts etc?

Cheers,
Michael
Michael
1977 450SE [Brilliant Red]
2006 B200

Mforcer

Quote from: "styria"Hi Michael,I always make sure that for both long trips and on a permanent basis, my boot is completely full before I even pack for the trip including a kitchen sink! :lol:
That is quite a list of things you are carting around. How do you fit any luggage? It also sounds like it could be reducing your fuel economy by half  :lol:

Seriously, it is probably a good thing I wouldn't even attempt fixing anything so have no real need to take many tools. I have top level cover with the local motorists association and trust that they will help me out if needed. I also don't mind for the adventure of the unknown should a breakdown occur. They will even cover accommodation if they can't fix my car and need to tow it :)
Michael
2006 B200

AMG69

I copied Bentley and added two genuine ($40 each from MB) Umbrellas mounted one above the other on the back of the back seat. How do you affix them? Easy, Costs $1.  Black velcro sticks to the carpet on the seat back! Umbrellas are in Black with logos showing outward. Very smic!
Chris
sigh....sitting back contemplating the next purchase..!

Mforcer

That is a very nice idea, Chris. I may just need to give that a try :)
Michael
2006 B200

AMG69

Here is where I got the idea - latest model Bentley.  $567,000 worth! yikes![/img]

AMG69

Glad to be involved! Will add photo of my Bentley Copy (!) soon.  I also kept the very smart tyre guage, swiss knife, Maglite torch combination from my HSV and have it fitted in the console of my 6.9....yes I turn the logo upside down! Looks good in its own foam holder!  Did you get my email re parts - I guess I shoudl have oput it under this forum - will do next time!
cheers!