News:

www.W116.org - All about the Car!

Main Menu

v8 supercar?

Started by Des, 18 October 2007, 05:13 AM

Andrew280SEL

Geez, for real.

I would, but you know... I can't see it being a very practical daily driver. ;)
'79 280SEL- 560,000 Kms
'73 350SE- getting an AMG facelift
'79 450SEL 6.9

Des

I had never seen one for sale, posted it for more novelty value, however I could think of a lot better track cars for around the same money

Aston Martin DB9R
Porsche GT3

SELfor50

There's a Porsche 928S-road registered but worked pretty hard, that races at the hill-climb down here.

There's also a holden VS Race Car that races in the junior V8's i think.  Fully sponsored, fully worked and sounds pretty much like a V8 supercar.

A pack of cigarettes & a firm handshake to the man who guesses which one's quicker round the track? :D

Andrew280SEL

I'm just gonna guess the Holden due to the fact it's the less expected one...
'79 280SEL- 560,000 Kms
'73 350SE- getting an AMG facelift
'79 450SEL 6.9

Des

I'll put my money on the dak dak VW  err I mean Porsche

SELfor50

Nup...not the Holden.

Porsche slaps it down like a Pimp to his Whore...

The Porsche is a fukn WEAPON!!  ...and the driver sh!ts all over the bloke in the commonwhore.

Don't get me wrong - the Holden goes alright and does better times than my 116 by bout 6seconds a lap.  But ANY purpose built race car should!  Porsche does another 4 secs quicker on that again.

Sorry for the hijack...

Now back to the 1/4 Million $$$$ Holden.   ;)

500eguy

i love how he calls it just a v8 supercar... gets right to point... :)

Des

Quote from: 500eguy on 18 October 2007, 06:01 AM
i love how he calls it just a v8 supercar... gets right to point... :)

V8 supercars is a motorsport class here in australia, much like NASCAR,
car body looks the same as a street car, everything else is different, control engines, control tyres, control brakes etc..

oscar

Quote from: Des on 18 October 2007, 11:21 PM
V8 supercars is a motorsport class here in australia, much like NASCAR,
car body looks the same as a street car, everything else is different, control engines, control tyres, control brakes etc..

.........controlled competition  ::)

Allow me to add some cynacism Des  ;D
Johnny, "V8 Supercars" has become a brand of racing limited to Aussie Ford Falcons and Holden Commodores and apart from the body shapes, basically nothing else is stock.  My sceptical take on the subject is that once locally produced cars started loosing consistently to imports like the Ford Sierra and Nissan Skyline, the touring production car championship was killed off as the popular motor sport it once was to be replaced by an all Aussie, Ford v Holden V8 battle which admittedly has been a very successful venture.  Though I would still prefer to see a big return of production car racing.

1973 350SE, my first & fave

Mforcer

I came in here expecting to read more about SELfor50's v8 supercar! ;)
Michael
1977 450SE [Brilliant Red]
2006 B200

Brian Crump

WE WILL READ MORE ABOU SELfor50!!!
Give him time and a sponsor who can write a cheque.
Cam has guts and deserves our best support.
Regards,
BC

500eguy

::) Ahhhh Thanks for educating me guys:) I am sure this type of racing is much more eventful than Nascar... gosh Nascar is boring!!lol... What types of tracks do they run on? is it similar to DTM?

Des

Quote from: 500eguy on 19 October 2007, 04:22 AM
::) Ahhhh Thanks for educating me guys:) I am sure this type of racing is much more eventful than Nascar... gosh Nascar is boring!!lol... What types of tracks do they run on? is it similar to DTM?

NASCAR has a lot of the steep banked oval circuits doesn't it?
where the cars are basically running flat out over a few hours,

8 Supercars has a series of circuits around Australia, new Zealand and a couple of international circuits.

The pinnicle is the Bathurst track, not so much for the cars themselves but for the 1000k endurance race,

check out this link for details,
without a doubt the best race circuit in Australia
http://www.nzmustang.com/Bathurst/bathurst.htm

51 weeks of the year it is a public road as well!