News:

The Org - Serving W116 Enthusiasts for over 20 years!

Main Menu

three strikes your out, WA

Started by Big_Richard, 01 April 2009, 06:18 PM

Big_Richard

I personally agree with the amendments, there are too many shithead P platers running a muck on our local roads.

POLICE Minister Rob Johnson wants to amend WA hoon legislation to include automatic confiscation of vehicles after a third offence.

The announcement - reiterating a prior commitment from Mr Johnson - comes a day after a failed bid by police to gain a court order for the forfeiture of a Ford Falcon utility  belonging to a three-strikes hoon driver.

After being told the car was in effect owned by the 19-year-old driver's parents, despite being registered in the teen's name, Magistrate Jacqueline Musk yesterday ordered the vehicle be impounded for six months.

Spearwood man Steven Dale McGarry, 19, had his driver's licence suspended for life and was given a six month jail term, suspended for 12 months, when he appeared in court yesterday.

Mr Johnson said the amendment had been on the books for several months and he expected it would be introduced by August.

The law change would  mean police would no longer need a court order to permanently confiscate vehicles from drivers convicted of a third hoon offence.

Impounded cars would be sold and the money put into the road trauma trust fund.

nathan

that was a crap decision.  registered to him, but owned by his paretns?? that  piece of crap was his.
if he had his licence suspended for lfie - he must have been doing some stupid shit -  probablly worth of imprisonment.
anyhow, another lucky cracker gets off.
i laughed at yesterdays other story, those 4 tools who broke into that martial aarts guys house - he pulled out one of his 7 samurai swords and stabbed them. one then rocked up to
royal perth hospital and will likely be charged - good work to teh vigilante!
1979 116 6.9 #6436
2018 213 e63
2011 212 e63
2011 463 g55
2007 211 e500 wagen
1995 124 e320 cabriolet
1983 460 300gd
1981 123 280te

koan

What was the offence in the first place?

koan
Boogity, Boogity, Boogity, Amen!

Big_Richard

Quote from: nathan on 01 April 2009, 06:32 PM
that was a crap decision.  registered to him, but owned by his paretns?? that  piece of crap was his.
if he had his licence suspended for lfie - he must have been doing some stupid shit -  probablly worth of imprisonment.
anyhow, another lucky cracker gets off.
i laughed at yesterdays other story, those 4 tools who broke into that martial aarts guys house - he pulled out one of his 7 samurai swords and stabbed them. one then rocked up to
royal perth hospital and will likely be charged - good work to teh vigilante!

the only shame is that the POS didnt bleed to death on the way there.

If i was you nathan and he rocked up to my ER, id pull out my big richard and take a wiz all over him and step on his throat till he stopped moving. But I guess that might get you in trouble.

nathan

Koan,
it didnt state what he actually did. probably driving round 1t 160kmh in 50 zone whist under influence of crack.

PB, if youd been in an emergency department lately (back me up Oscar), youd know they wouldnt have a clue if you pissed on anyone, its what the whole place smells like (well, that and vomit!)...hmmm, wasnt on tonight, but may need to go back!
1979 116 6.9 #6436
2018 213 e63
2011 212 e63
2011 463 g55
2007 211 e500 wagen
1995 124 e320 cabriolet
1983 460 300gd
1981 123 280te

Big_Richard

Quote from: nathan on 02 April 2009, 07:31 AM
Koan,
it didnt state what he actually did. probably driving round 1t 160kmh in 50 zone whist under influence of crack.

methamphetamine is in epidemic stages here in Perth, it wouldn't at all surprise me. Although you'd know more about it than i would from all the nutjobs hurting themselves.

TJ 450

Who needs Meth and other psychostimulants, when looking at Mercedes parts releases unprecedented amounts of serotonin! :D

Seriously though, the use of such substances is out of control and I'm sure there are surprisingly large numbers of motorists under the influence.

I'm of the opinion that there is little that can be done to stop young drivers from the usual behavior before the damage is done. The action needs to come from the drivers themselves and I see little chance of this happening, particularly when "substances" are involved and egos are through the roof.

Tim
1976 450SEL 6.9 1432
1969 300SEL 6.3 1394
2003 ML500

Big_Richard

Quote from: TJ 450 on 02 April 2009, 09:28 AM
Who needs Meth and other psychostimulants, when looking at Mercedes parts releases unprecedented amounts of serotonin! :D

Seriously though, the use of such substances is out of control and I'm sure there are surprisingly large numbers of motorists under the influence.

I'm of the opinion that there is little that can be done to stop young drivers from the usual behavior before the damage is done. The action needs to come from the drivers themselves and I see little chance of this happening, particularly when "substances" are involved and egos are through the roof.

Tim

I was a pretty bad probationary driver as a teenager, I was never involved with substance abuse at that time - the crazy driving was 100% caused by simply being a teenager with too many hormones flooding through the body. I also had a girlfriend 45 minutes drive away from my house and did a ridiculous amount of driving additionaly with friends who had also just got their licences. these days i will not entertain the idea of dating anyone who lives outside of a 5km radius from my house. Funny what happens as you get older, I hate drivingĀ  ::)