News:

Please add your location to your profile. It will help others to help you!

Main Menu

"She who must be obeyed" is shopping

Started by WGB, 25 September 2007, 03:44 AM

WGB

My darling wife announced on Sunday (At Chris' place from memory as I was picking up the car) that I had now purchased 6 cars in the 5 years since she has had ownership of her ML270.

Yesterday She went down to Diesel Motors and paid out the loan to M-B Finance on her car and then took a BMW 3 series and the new M-B C200 Kompressor for a drive.

She came home mightily impressed with the new C class - she was already talking Avantegarde - Black with a tan upholstery.

I said I didn't want a 4 cylinder M-B anywhere near my garage (Memories of my 230SLK) and I would rather she looked at a  C280.

We have an "appointment" at 2.30 pm tomorrow.

Looking like an expensive week.

Bill

Des

good luck Bill  ;D ;D

Mercedes have poured a lot of money into the new C Class, Mercedes Enthusiasts had a big feature on it last month, looks like a real beauty, well the models that have the Mercedes star standing up out of the bonnet, not the ones with the logo mounted in the grille.

WGB

Des,

She particularly likes the Avantegarde with the logo in the grill - but that's life.

Bill

116Benz

I hope so Des, ours arrives next week (C200K Elegance Obsidian / black leather), will keep you posted on the events. Between myself and my parents, we've had every model from the 190E to the W204.

Good luck with it Bill

Des

Quote from: WGB on 25 September 2007, 04:26 AM
Des,

She particularly likes the Avantegarde with the logo in the grill - but that's life.

Bill

ok!

I know when a looked at the pictures that's the only point that caught my eye, the car I would own, with the bonnet star, and the one in the grille, that I wouldn't.

Brian Crump

I know you adore your wife but I am going to stop short of suggesting a Maybach. There are a few floating around at a significant discount ...just in case you DO want one... :o
I was  at MBS last week collecting the CLK, after attempt 5,312 to get the auto-dim mirror to auto dim in a safe and satisfactory manner - and made an off-the-cuff comment to the eager (and new) sales lady that there was no way I would trade my Royce on the Maybach displayed (roped off to keep prospective clients from sitting on the seats) even though the current display was clearly a better colour combination than the last black on black model. The poor person thought I was serious and seeing the Royce parked across the front steps (well the car park was full and there was no-where else and I'll be buggered if I am going to park the Royce anywhere else anyway) and asked if I would like to take a seat and how would I like my champagne.....(2 sugars and black).
Moral? Don't make jokes about terrorists when in the check-in queue and don't make Maybach comments in the MBS service queue......they are real keen to sell one - any one - just sell the bloody thing... ;D
Sorry Bill, a Maybach could be a worse choice than a 4 cylinder MB... :-[
Regards,
BC

Des

Brian, so umm yes what did "she who must be obeyed" Miss Olga think of the Maybach?

:)

Martin 280s

Quote from: Des on 25 September 2007, 04:30 AM
Quote from: WGB on 25 September 2007, 04:26 AM
Des,

Bill

ok!

I know when a looked at the pictures that's the only point that caught my eye, the car I would own, with the bonnet star, and the one in the grille, that I wouldn't.

I've seen one with botth the grille and bonnet star, it lookes really special.

Brian Crump

Quote--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brian, so umm yes what did "she who must be obeyed" Miss Olga think of the Maybach?
Miss Olga says they are not worth pissing on... :o :o :o
Regards,
BC

116Benz

This might sound like a bizzare question BC, but what would ma'am pick as her new personal transportation if the Royce was to be, erm...de-commisioned?

Des

Ouch!

well its back to scones, jam and cream in the back of the Rolls then   ;)

Brian Crump

If the Rolls were to roll over?
Well, the following would be possible;
-Maserati Mexico
-Lancia Tre Kappa
-Bentley Radford Estate, S3
-690SEL Crayford Wagon
-Audi Shanghai Dragon Sedan (who else gives you a back-lit perspex dargon as a bonet mascot?)
-Duesnberg/Cord....
Maybe an HR Holden?  ;D
Buggered if I know.....
Regards,
BC

nathan

Heh Bill,
you are powering away like there is no tomorrow...those new c classes are pretty damn nice though...i was at freo last week late at night (working) when i came back via the docks...there were about 40 of these things lined up - i was going to get a pic with the 123 230e but thought i may get dobbed in for suspicious activity. 

i was also up your was on saturday (lesmurdie) visiting a very interesting guy who had dropped an m117 5litre into his SWB G wagen...i reckon this thing was quicker than the 6.9 and i now know what i need to do to the red one!
regards and good luck
nathan
PS if you are short, i hear they pay ~3k for a kidney in russia
1979 116 6.9 #6436
2018 213 e63
2011 212 e63
2011 463 g55
2007 211 e500 wagen
1995 124 e320 cabriolet
1983 460 300gd
1981 123 280te

WGB

Thanks Nathan.

Of real significance is the fact that she has another met in her liver being high frequency ablated by Jim Anderson in RPH in two weeks time and this is her deciding that she just might live long enough to enjoy another new car.

So it is a significant decision on her part after 4+ years of surgery and Chemo.

Even so the 280 looks a better car even though it is quite significantly dearer than the 200K.

Bill

Brian Crump

In that case Bill - all the best of luck with the coming weeks.
And, as for the car, hang the expense!! Buy whatever she wants. Whatever.
Regards,
BC