News:

Please add your location to your profile. It will help others to help you!

Main Menu

"She who must be obeyed" has shopped

Started by WGB, 26 September 2007, 05:37 AM

WGB

Hi all,

Took my beloved to lunch and then went for a test drive in a new C280 - a really lovely car with some very well thought through electronics like Bluetooth that really works and standard linguatronic and satnav and a glorious drive.

So we ordered a new ML 320 CDI for Jan '08 delivery - which is what she really wanted anyway - and traded in the 270 CDI.

Black with Black Glass and tan interior plus powered tailgate, Satnav and rear view camera.

While I was there I said that I wanted a laugh and asked the parts manager for the price of a new Sphere for a 6.9 - he said $736 each - which produced a small smirk.

I discussed my new 6.9 with the one resident mechanic I trust in the place and he produced a Handbook with the brief specs of all pre 1980 M-B repairs that they use in the workshop.

I have it for a month and can feel some PDFing coming on before it goes back.

Bill

116Benz

Congrats Bill,
The lovely wife will love it more than the C280, interesting what you say about the mechanic, I asked for some parts prices on a 75 280SE, I got stared at like I was an alien, 2 mths later...still havent had a phone call from them. It's the same place the old's are getting their C from as well.

Des

for that price I would talk to our man Styria about sphere's.
he sorted me out for 5 new ones for a very reasonable price.

The 6.9 workshop is also available in pdf, format, if you require copies I can email them

WGB

I would very much appreciate those manuals - Des.

My e-mail is wbabe@bigpond.com

Thanking you in advance as I have very little 6.9 material apart from what is in the handbook.

Bill

Mforcer

Quote from: Des on 26 September 2007, 05:48 AM
The 6.9 workshop is also available in pdf, format, if you require copies I can email them

Email them to me and I'll add them to the library for all to access.
Michael
1977 450SE [Brilliant Red]
2006 B200

Martin 280s

Quote from: WGB on 26 September 2007, 05:57 AM

Thanking you in advance as I have very little 6.9 material apart from what is in the handbook.

Bill

Yes, some copies would be very well appreciated!

116Benz

Quote from: Martin 280s on 27 September 2007, 05:47 AM
Quote from: WGB on 26 September 2007, 05:57 AM

Bill

Yes, some copies would be very well appreciated!

absolutley, would always come in handy!

s class

That price for spheres is more than I paid for all 5 from autohaus!

Hmmm info is always useful.

[color=blue]'76 6.9 Euro[/color], [color=red]'78 6.9 AMG[/color], '80 280SE, [color=brown]'74 350SE[/color], [color=black]'82 500SEL euro full hydro, '83 500SEL euro full hydro [/color], '81 500SL

WGB

Hi Ryan,

I have ordered two from Styria and ordered a set of compression nut spanners as I did not own any so will probably change the two rear Spheres in a weeks time when they arrive and see what happens. Then save up for the other three - well maybe just buy them next month.

I have been studying the manual assiduously since as I have never worked on this sort of suspension although I have worked on my tractor hydraulics before ;D

Hope your major re-build is going well.

Bill