News:

The ORG - 100% FREE advice!

Main Menu

Pictures of SA Mercedes Club outing yesterday.

Started by gregdeklerk, 26 March 2007, 01:11 AM

gregdeklerk

We went on a short outing yesterday to a the Groot Constantia wine estate, for tea.

s class

You went to Groot Constantia for tea?

Ah the boys with their late spec 107's.  Mine is the pre-facelift one with the small 14 bunds and no front spoiler.  I am actually thinking of back dating it with steelies and colour coded hubcaps to complete the picture.  I just HATE cleaning bundts. 

[color=blue]'76 6.9 Euro[/color], [color=red]'78 6.9 AMG[/color], '80 280SE, [color=brown]'74 350SE[/color], [color=black]'82 500SEL euro full hydro, '83 500SEL euro full hydro [/color], '81 500SL

gregdeklerk

I was thinking just yesterday that my weekend job on the bubdts of the 123 are to take the wheels off and give them a good clean. You can only clean them properly with the wheels off.

oscar

Greg, where are all the 116's?

Nice lineup regardless  :)
1973 350SE, my first & fave

gregdeklerk

I am sad to say there weren't any!! I decided it was not a good idea to drive mine without any doors - gone off to have the rust repaired!!

Ryan, most of the people had tea and coffee, but I understand your point!! I may have to go to the gathering in the 123 because the 116 won't be ready!!

oscar

yeah fair enough, no doors would be a bit embarrassing.   

BTW, what's with the bundt picture.  I like it, just wondering if you've done anything special too it or posted about them and I've missed it.
1973 350SE, my first & fave

robgee

Nice lineup Greg what's the top tipple from the winery.
Rob

gregdeklerk

Quote from: oscar on 26 March 2007, 05:34 AM
BTW, what's with the bundt picture.  I like it, just wondering if you've done anything special too it or posted about them and I've missed it.

I am impressed with myself with that picture. On Saturday night while I was stripping the doors on the 116, I took a short break and was playing around with the camera in the garage. The pic is stock standard and it has not been manipulated with photoshop. What is more impressive is that I managed to get the wheel in the centre despite the side of the car being almost up against the wall. There was just enough space for me to squeeze in and squint at the screen to get the wheel in the centre. I had the bundts painted some weeks back, so they look good.

Greg

gregdeklerk

Quote from: robgee on 26 March 2007, 06:06 AM
Nice lineup Greg what's the top tipple from the winery.
Rob

Groot Constantia Gouverneurs Chardonnay 2005

Check out their site: http://www.wine.co.za/directory/winery.aspx?PRODUCERID=1096

robgee

thanks for that mate I knew there was something familiar about the name I think it was a bottle of their Pinotage that I had in the UK in 2000 it was sooooo smoooth.
Rob.
By the way great looking place at least you guys have green grass we have a sort of red brown mix with weeds fighting to make their way to the fore (worst drought in 100 years)

gregdeklerk

s class

Greg it is a bit sad that your 116 is not going.... I had been thinking about using my W140, but now I think no, I should support the 116 numbers. 

Ryan

[color=blue]'76 6.9 Euro[/color], [color=red]'78 6.9 AMG[/color], '80 280SE, [color=brown]'74 350SE[/color], [color=black]'82 500SEL euro full hydro, '83 500SEL euro full hydro [/color], '81 500SL

robgee

Yeah Greg I'd like to but business commitments don't allow at the moment I'm contemplating a trip next year to USA so I'll try and make extra time and get to South Africa.(hopefully)
Rob

gregdeklerk

Load up with all the wines on your way through.