News:

The ORG - Truly Independent and Unbiased!

Main Menu

new perth speed cameras ?

Started by Big_Richard, 30 August 2009, 06:20 AM

Big_Richard

not sure if this is for real or not, but it was emailed to me today,

they are WA number plates in the back ground..

seems even more obvious than the usual tripod and flash setup on the side of the road.. Perhaps its due to budget cut backs that they had to opt for a 70's design ;)

nathan

i wonder if it has yet snapped TJ running past at 90kmh with his dad chasing him after TJ brought home the m117 engines!
1979 116 6.9 #6436
2018 213 e63
2011 212 e63
2011 463 g55
2007 211 e500 wagen
1995 124 e320 cabriolet
1983 460 300gd
1981 123 280te

Big_Richard

heh, i offered him to store them in my garrage, but he opted to receive a good old fashioned ass whoopping from his father by leaving them in his driveway - directly disobeying the fatherly directive that they must not be visible ;)

Will we ever hear from TJ again, I'm not sure ;)

oscar

That thing's begging to be paint bombed. ;D  And if I was the "One Stop Patio Shop" owner, I'd be a bit pi$$ed at having my advertising sign obscured. 
1973 350SE, my first & fave

s class

What's the black plastic case behind the camera box - a battery pack?  That wouldn't last 5 minutes in South Africa before it found a new owner.

[color=blue]'76 6.9 Euro[/color], [color=red]'78 6.9 AMG[/color], '80 280SE, [color=brown]'74 350SE[/color], [color=black]'82 500SEL euro full hydro, '83 500SEL euro full hydro [/color], '81 500SL

Big_Richard

Quote from: s class on 31 August 2009, 04:10 AM
What's the black plastic case behind the camera box - a battery pack?  That wouldn't last 5 minutes in South Africa before it found a new owner.

it is a battery box, they all use battery boxes.

the sub contractor employed by the WA police sits not far away in his vehicle reading magazines waiting for enough happy snaps to be taken to satisfy the department of state revenue.

these devices cost over $100,000 usually so they are never left unattended.

TJ 450

The dumping of the M117s under the carport was fine. I have been allowed a small amount of time to remove them. The unloading was performed in the true PB style. I will post some pics shortly. ;)

Now, back to the topic... What were they thinking? It's more than blatant positioning!  ::)

Tim
1976 450SEL 6.9 1432
1969 300SEL 6.3 1394
2003 ML500

oscar

I can't believe they outsource this activity to private contactors.   >:(
We all know the old arguements about revenue raising versus road safety and how the non govt eggspurt groups in the motoring world criticise the use of cameras and it's my firm view that cameras work best on blackspots when they are highly visible with obvious signage before hand to warn motorists of its presence.  Everyone slows down, takes caution and doesn't break the law or get fined.  If only we weren't so apathetic, there'd be a revolt, everyone covers or removes their number plates for a day, a week, a month, till things are changed.  They can't fine and jail everybody.  Ahem, the anarchist in me  8)

Big_Richard

Quote from: oscar on 31 August 2009, 05:58 AM
I can't believe they outsource this activity to private contactors.   >:(
We all know the old arguements about revenue raising versus road safety and how the non govt eggspurt groups in the motoring world criticise the use of cameras and it's my firm view that cameras work best on blackspots when they are highly visible with obvious signage before hand to warn motorists of its presence.  Everyone slows down, takes caution and doesn't break the law or get fined.  If only we weren't so apathetic, there'd be a revolt, everyone covers or removes their number plates for a day, a week, a month, till things are changed.  They can't fine and jail everybody.  Ahem, the anarchist in me  8)

*** in zombie voice***

how dare you question the government, the government knows best.

we work, we pay taxes, we love the government, the government is our friend.

oscar

Don't joke, there's two suited officials at the front door.......oh  wait, just latter day saints ;D

Big_Richard

I used to have jehovah's witnesses handing me their watch tower magazines while out in my open garage working on my cars.

Now i do all my car work inside a locked garage where i cant be disturbed. ;)

OzBenzHead

Quote from: oscar on 31 August 2009, 07:30 AM
Don't joke, there's two suited officials at the front door.......oh  wait, just latter day saints ;D

Ooh -- far more dangerous than state police or the AFP! The cops only want your body and a little bit of your money; the LDS want your mind and soul -- and all your money! ;D
[img width=340 height=138][url="http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a215/OzBenzHead/10%20M-B%20Miscellany/OBH_LOGO-2a-1.png"]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a215/OzBenzHead/10%20M-B%20Miscellany/OBH_LOGO-2a-1.png[/url][/img]