News:

Please add your location to your profile. It will help others to help you!

Main Menu

New ML 500

Started by WGB, 24 January 2007, 10:42 PM

WGB

I have put some photo's in the Gallery under WGB.

Have added a set of luggage nets to stop my bags rattling around inside.

Bill

oscar

WGB,
I was just in the Members' section trying to add my own pics of my town and stumbled across your album.  Very nice car and an attractive colour too.   I really like this current shape compared to the previous ML.   Love that chrome section under the rear.  Never seen them on the local new ML's but then again, none of them are 500's.  Wish we had adjustable height in our Terri.  For a semi-offroader it's closer to the ground then some sedans.    :-\

Thanks for sharing.
1973 350SE, my first & fave

WGB

Hi Oscar,

The Stainless Front and rear sections are part of the Off-road Pro Pack as is a large under body bash plate that covers from the radiator to behind the gearbox. They are not standard fitment but can be ordered separately for $AUD 1000 (Called the Off Road Pro Styling Pack) at time of ordering or the two plates in the bumper can be purchased at the parts department for $AUD 2,000 the pair.

The Off-Road Pro pack cost $2900 on a 500 and includes extended 5 height Air suspension (Instead of three), the styling pack, a number of different software extras in the driving programs ESP and ABS, 3 x Diff locks, Large underbody bash plate as well as the Low Range Gearbox.

Although a lot dearer on a Steel sprung ML, as Air suspension has to be added, on a 500 at M-B prices it makes it a bargain.

THe side photos show it at it's lowest (Sport setting) and Highest (Governed to max of 30Km/hr).

The Normal setting is an inch higher than the sport setting illustrated and is very easy riding while tightening up the shocks as required.

The last 8 Km to my house runs along Mundaring Weir Rd which must be considered one of the great driving roads in Australia and hence the car usually is set to the sport setting as I come and go at the start and end of the road.

Bill