News:

The ORG - No back-slapping boys club!

Main Menu

My new Project

Started by 500eguy, 19 September 2007, 04:21 AM

500eguy

Yes, it actually is strange, i mean you can smell Fuel in the oil.... when it was running it was puffing black smoke, now when i crank it it smokes white. The Water Is clean, the oil is clean but with heavy fuel smell. Car just cranks, i still don't think i am getting spark..... AHHHHHH so frustrating.

Andrew280SEL

Anyone got any ideas? ???

In any case, did you try a new coil Johnny? It would be interesting to get spark first I suppose... :-\

As for the fuel in the oil, that's just strange to me. I could only think something cracked which allowed fuel to mix with oil, or something...but that's not a terribly nice idea I know. :-[

C'mon people, we need assistence here!  :)
'79 280SEL- 560,000 Kms
'73 350SE- getting an AMG facelift
'79 450SEL 6.9

CraigS

If you are continually cranking it, and the rings are worn, all that fuel has to go somewhere, so it will end up in the sump.
[url="http://s109.photobucket.com/albums/n77/Aegeanfoods/My%20Cars/"]http://s109.photobucket.com/albums/n77/Aegeanfoods/My%20Cars/[/url]

Andrew280SEL

Sounds like the car will need to get to a stage where it will start then, i.e get the spark going. And it sounds like an oil change will be required as well if you get it to the starting stage. :)
'79 280SEL- 560,000 Kms
'79 450SEL 6.9

7mercs

fuel in oil is sounding like the system is flooding.I once found a friends harley doing the same thing change the oil  as starting vehicle with that sort of contamination can and will accelerate bearing wear as well as other moving parts.Johns harley needed a rebore and new mains due to fuel in oil  proceed with caution,

500eguy

I think you guys are right, maybe since i have playing around to see if it will start, maybe i have cranked it and the fuel has gotten into oil via flooding. well i am actually going to have a real mechanic look at it, since i am far from th real deal, ;)

500eguy

ok, Update on this project... i had a Mechanic come down and look at it and he said the car is getting weak spark and getting fuel. There is a puddle of old gas sitting in the intake, so i am guessing this should be a issue. I am going to try to swap coils from my 450 into the 380. see if this works.

alabbasi

Quote from: 500eguy on 01 December 2007, 04:59 PM
ok, Update on this project... i had a Mechanic come down and look at it and he said the car is getting weak spark and getting fuel. There is a puddle of old gas sitting in the intake, so i am guessing this should be a issue. I am going to try to swap coils from my 450 into the 380. see if this works.

The fuel distributors can be problematic on our cars thus causing the car to run super rich and put fuel in the oil. Be sure to change the oil because it's going to be very diluted.
With best regards

Al
Dallas, TX USA.

500eguy

Ok, Finally had someone who knows what they are looking at  to come down at tinker with my car. IT LIVES NOW!!!! Thats why i have been MIA from the boards, finishing school, working, Buying parts for the 116 and fixing the 107:). The Mechanic said the warm up regulator is causing the car to run to rich, fouling out the plugs and causing the car to have a week spark. We pulled the plugs to find they were Densos, changed them with Champions for now, so i need to find a used Warmup regulator. Well, here is a pic i took today after cleaning the car... it was sitting outside for 3 months, more pics to come:)

Andrew280SEL

Very nice Johnny!

You must be very pleased to be on the road to fixing your lovely car :)
'79 280SEL- 560,000 Kms
'79 450SEL 6.9

oscar

Sweeet!  Man they look good together 8)
1973 350SE, my first & fave

500eguy

yes, i am very happy that i am in the Gathering Parts stage...

500eguy

a few more pics of the cheap merc....

500eguy

:) it still runs slightly rough at idle, it requires you warming it up when cold, need to get that warmup regulator.

Andrew280SEL

That is the best cheap merc I think I've ever seen...well, actually it's one of the nicest I've seen regardless of price.

Such a great deal you got Johnny! :)

Now good luck on your parts gathering stage. I think you'll find it worth it after it's done.
'79 280SEL- 560,000 Kms
'79 450SEL 6.9