News:

The ORG - No shonky business!

Main Menu

My new 126

Started by pompy, 19 May 2008, 01:34 PM

pompy

Hi guys,

My apologies for not posting any pics - I hate not doing what I said I would!
I promise to post pics soon as, unfortuanately, this baby is leaving home and I have to take some farewell pics... This coming Saturday is D-day when I'll be handing her over to its new owner.
I've replaced the front flex disc today and fitted a new battery as well, and tmrw a new xhaust.

I can't describe the hollow feeling in my stomach - it genuinely feels like I'm giving away my own... sick?

kolin

pompy
i am sad you said you grew up in one and will die in one, you therefore have to buy another one ,116 that is

pompy

I hear you Kolin - but this time round it has to be at least a 450!

kolin

Quote from: pompy on 14 August 2008, 01:24 PM
I hear you Kolin - but this time round it has to be at least a 450!
at least

Uku

It's an awesome car you've got there, congratulations ! I have always hoped that my daily driver would be a good looking 280 or 380.
I may sound weird but I have always loved the first generation W126's more than the second generation. I guess it has something to do with the old school rims and more classical look.

Uku

pompy

Hope this works!!! (says I annoyed...)

pompy

And that is the end of my new 126

kolin

i am sure he would rather have pompy.
hey pompy, what a beaut of a car.think i should look out for a great condition one myself.
go well with it my boet. its lovely

pompy

I couldn't care less about hiding number plates as I use a different address for registration!! Hie hie!!!
The only thing one needs to be worried about is being hi-jacked while driving a jumbo Merc - they're a hot favourite for ramming "cash-in-transit" vans off the road during robberies - in our lawless country...
Often, in newspaper reports about cash-in-transit robberies, you'll see a totalled Benz in the picture background.
At least these savages know which cars are the safest...

kolin

pompy ,my ou maat.
i see you are already worrying about the hijackings etc etc.
i really dont want you to have to worry.
so, please give me a call and i will purchase said car from you and i will take those worries away.

pompy

kolin, boet...
Sorry my friend - this green bitch is sold as of Sat 16th Aug 2008!
And for how much you may ask? Well it was more of an exchange...
And what for you may ask?
If you ask me nicely I'll show you!
Anyways, the new owner is a wheel-and-dealer, so he's prob gonna sell it soon - I'd say keep an oog on Gumtree.

kolin

pompy, my nuwe tjom.
dont worry,just kidding. shows how much i like ur 126.love the car.
when my ex boss and i used to drive to rustenburg everyday for 6 weeks, from springs, 180kms one way, he drove in the morning and i drove in the afternoons. useing his 500se.
as you know there are some sections used for high speed testing of new car models, so between brits and rustenburg, its almost flat out,160plus .
what a car

pompy

Kolin,

Please keep yr eyes n ears open for a set of 6,5j MB1 alloys for me - I lost mine off the 350 to the 126 as part of the deal - now I sit with 126 plastic hubcaps on the 350!
It don't look too good...

Shot bru

kolin

pompy
can you pm me a pic and i will go and have a look at the breakers yard just up the road.
thanks
my swaer

pompy

kolin,

they're identical to the ones on the 126 photos I posted in this ffread