News:

The Org - Serving W116 Enthusiasts for over 20 years!

Main Menu

Mercedes Classic mag

Started by Des, 19 October 2007, 11:33 PM

Des

has anyone picked up lately an issue of Mercedes Classic from the newsagent?

I haven't seen one out in a few months

Although the news agent I used to get it put away at burnt to the grown as I've been looking around other ones and haven't spotted it.

Brian Crump

Yes - I received one a few weeks ago - by subscripton.
Regards,
BC

116Benz

It should be in newsagents pretty soon, it comes out every 3 mths doesnt it? July was the last one...should be soon.

Des

Quote from: 116Benz on 20 October 2007, 12:12 AM
It should be in newsagents pretty soon, it comes out every 3 mths doesnt it? July was the last one...should be soon.

ok thanks

was that the one with the 190E cover story?
thats the last one I got,

116Benz

Yep, thats the last one. Hard to believe that the humble 190E is 25 yrs old.

Andrew280SEL

I buy Enthusiast. ;)

Well only about 4 issues, the first of which happened to have an article on the 350 and 450 w116's.

So what's Classic like? Definately worth buying?
'79 280SEL- 560,000 Kms
'73 350SE- getting an AMG facelift
'79 450SEL 6.9

Des

Mercedes Classic is a magazine produced by MB, its more like a history book than a mag, has lavish pages with in depth articles, history, information on engineering and innovations. Beautiful double page spread pictures etc...
at $14.95 a pop it isn't cheap but in my opinion it is far better and the presentation is so much better than Mercedes Enthusiast,

Brian Crump

M-B Classic edition with the 190 on the front was edition 3/07. The most recent is edition 4/07 and has the 540K, 280SE and E320 convertibles on the cover.
27.20 Euros for a 12 months sub by sea mail.
Regards,
BC

Des

Quote from: Brian Crump on 20 October 2007, 12:54 AM
M-B Classic edition with the 190 on the front was edition 3/07.

Not so sure about that, my issue with the 190E on the front says 02/2007

116Benz

the 190E one is 02/07 here as well...this would mean theres one missing, or the 3 cabrio's is the next one we get from the newsagents...methinks a subscription is prudent for the magazine.

Brian Crump

NO - I am wrong (must be the first time... ;D)
2/07 has the 190 and 3/07 has the 3 convertibles.
4/07 should arrive next month.
Sorry to cause panic and alarm!! :-[
The price translates as about $AUD44 so it is cheaper by sub than at the newsagents.
Regards,
BC

116Benz

Where would you get back copies from?

Des

Quote from: 116Benz on 20 October 2007, 01:58 AM

yes I would like back copies as well

does anyone have any they want to part with?

I picked up the 03/2007 issue this morning from my newsagent
tells me 04/2007 will be available on the 28th of January next year

116Benz

Quote from: Des on 25 October 2007, 07:19 PM
Quote from: 116Benz on 20 October 2007, 01:58 AM

yes I would like back copies as well

does anyone have any they want to part with?

I picked up the 03/2007 issue this morning from my newsagent
tells me 04/2007 will be available on the 28th of January next year

My local newsie, is excellent. If I need a magazine, no matter how unusual it is, he can usualy find it or something similiar Merc Enthusiast and Classic. But he cant get anthing older than about 12 mths on back order.

Des, the only place I could find any semblance of back order was on the U.S website (MB Classic.com I think it was), and they dont deal with Aussies when it comes to postage (postcode digit discrepancy). Ebay was another one that they show up on rare occasions with big pricetags.

If anyone has a spare copy of the Classic mag with the 6.9 article in it (back left corner of the 6.9 on the front cover) and want to part with it, have cash will pay (within reason of course)  ;D

Brian Crump

do you mean the series that was done on the 116? If so, pm me your address and I will post you a colour photocopy.
Regards,
BC