News:

The Org - Serving W116 Enthusiasts for over 20 years!

Main Menu

M100 forum

Started by gregdeklerk, 27 June 2007, 12:38 AM

gregdeklerk

Who has the link to the M100 forum?

Andrew280SEL

Des certainly would, but he's not here at the moment...
'79 280SEL- 560,000 Kms
'73 350SE- getting an AMG facelift
'79 450SEL 6.9

CraigS

[url="http://s109.photobucket.com/albums/n77/Aegeanfoods/My%20Cars/"]http://s109.photobucket.com/albums/n77/Aegeanfoods/My%20Cars/[/url]

s class

But please guys, m100-cc is a ,much more 'proper' place than this - no irreverent joking and NO off topic stuff allowed there!

But seriously, theres some good info there, though its more biased towards the 6.3 crowd than the 6.9ers.

I'm also s class there, but I don't say much.  Just listen and learn.  #

Ryan

[color=blue]'76 6.9 Euro[/color], [color=red]'78 6.9 AMG[/color], '80 280SE, [color=brown]'74 350SE[/color], [color=black]'82 500SEL euro full hydro, '83 500SEL euro full hydro [/color], '81 500SL

CraigS

Ah, come on. We're not that serious ! There is a lot of history to the M100 forum, and not all good, but that seems to be in the past now.

6.3's dominate because they were a collectible long before 6.9's were, so there is a greater support base for these, however it is changing. Take me for instance - first the 6.3, and now 3 x 6.9's !

I wouldn't say that it was not friendly - but it is more serious than this one. That's why they are both excellent forums.
[url="http://s109.photobucket.com/albums/n77/Aegeanfoods/My%20Cars/"]http://s109.photobucket.com/albums/n77/Aegeanfoods/My%20Cars/[/url]

s class

Craig, do't get me wrong, m100-cc is a great place too, it just has a different atmosphere to here, and there is a lot less activity, but what activity there is, is usually on-topic and very useful.  That's why I tend to listen rather than speak - I don't have a lot useful to say yet.

[color=blue]'76 6.9 Euro[/color], [color=red]'78 6.9 AMG[/color], '80 280SE, [color=brown]'74 350SE[/color], [color=black]'82 500SEL euro full hydro, '83 500SEL euro full hydro [/color], '81 500SL

oscar

I joined there too a few months ago in anticipation of owning a 6.9 but I have nothing to add so my post count remains at 0.  Plus I'm too involved in aiming towards getting an M110 back on the road that there's only so much my brain can handle.    I think it's a good place with a good deal of expertise which I'll need if when I get round to owning a 6.9.  But I'm finding myself becoming rather comfortable with early uncomplicated w116's.  D-jet's and carbs and very few options. 
It's a shame there was no d-jet 6.9.
1973 350SE, my first & fave

nathan

m-100 is a very good site, but i havent signed up and just read like the rest...i preferred m-100.com which used to put ALL threads on one page which i preferred...however, it seemed to get crazy political (a fraction moreso than our odd post) and it splintered into m-100.com and m-100.info (which seems to have almost died)...GVZ and Dan Smith ran the things and had heaps of useful info...locally, RonB seems to be the man now and knows these cars inside out
1979 116 6.9 #6436
2018 213 e63
2011 212 e63
2011 463 g55
2007 211 e500 wagen
1995 124 e320 cabriolet
1983 460 300gd
1981 123 280te

robgee

That's probably one reason this forum is increasing in membership because its so irreverent it takes into account that not all car enthusiasts are anal retentive anoraks some of us do have other interests an senses of humour, life's to short not to.You can't be serious all the time if you want to hold someone's interest.
Regards,
Rob. :-* :-*

koan

I'm not so sure about the m100 forums, with the exception of about  half a dozen or so contributors which includes those mentioned previously, most of the folks are armchair experts who wouldn't know which end of a spanner to hit things with.

I gave up when an element of "I know how to do it but I'm not telling" started to creep in to some of the posts. That, plus the egos and politics put me right off, probably haven't read them more than 4 times in the last year.

There's more than enough 6.9 experience on here to draw on.

koan

Boogity, Boogity, Boogity, Amen!

oscar

Quote from: koan on 27 June 2007, 09:23 PM
There's more than enough 6.9 experience on here to draw on.

Well that's true too. 
It's usually been a Des link that has led me to reading some M100 posts.  I'd be oblivious to any previous issues within but I did wonder why there's two sites.

Anyway, apart from being envious of not having a grosser, I'm envious that they can organise an international rally.  I'm sure we'll get that way too one day.  Perhaps in Stuttgart as has been previously mentioned.  But I would like to see an Aussie national GTG too one day on the scale of the Dutch GTG's.
1973 350SE, my first & fave

alabbasi

Quote from: nathan on 27 June 2007, 08:39 PM
m-100 is a very good site, but i havent signed up and just read like the rest...i preferred m-100.com which used to put ALL threads on one page which i preferred...however, it seemed to get crazy political (a fraction moreso than our odd post) and it splintered into m-100.com and m-100.info (which seems to have almost died)...GVZ and Dan Smith ran the things and had heaps of useful info...locally, RonB seems to be the man now and knows these cars inside out

http://m-100.info is still around, and has the bulliten board, it's very quite right now but there is still a wealth of information.
With best regards

Al
Dallas, TX USA.

gregdeklerk

I asked for the link because it is time for me to deepen my pockets, lengthen my garage, stock up on hydraulic fluid, air suspension bellows and a hell of a lot of Dutch courage. Compared to this lot, finding a grand dame 600 will be easy. ;D

s class

Greg, sir, it sounds like what you are about to embark on is more challenging than importing a 6.9.

What stage is the thinking at :

a) embryonic ideas
b) conceptualisation
c) spousal approval
d) "the hunt"
e) the committment, for better or worse?

alabbasi

Quote from: oscar on 27 June 2007, 10:53 PM
The wealth or disposable income of members had crossed my mind and you're right.  And the models covered by both groups reflect that too IMO.  I haven't ever seen a working 6.9, 6.3 or grosser sell for sub $1000 like my little collection of 116's.win. ;D

I paid around $800 for my 6.9 and while it was very rusty, it runs like a train. I havent done anything to the engine except change the thermostat , the fluids and the filters. I did spend a chunk of change restoring the body but that does not effect the workings of the car.

With best regards

Al
Dallas, TX USA.