News:

www.W116.org - By the people, for the people!

Main Menu

lots of dead benzes...

Started by bahnstormer109, 25 March 2007, 07:25 AM

bahnstormer109

heres some pics i posted to the OZBENZ site. thought id add a link for you guys, theres a few 116s in there.

http://forum.mbspares.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=3417
Paolo,
Brisbane, Australia.

72 300SEL 3.5
84 280CE
86 560SEL
86 230TE

oscar

:'(

Who wants to make a trip over there with me and bring back container loads?

I've seen that bottom pic somewhere else before.  It's mind boggling isn't it.

I wonder if these guys list on the net?
1973 350SE, my first & fave

robgee

Where were these photos taken Delhi or Calcutta it seems my people are so wasteful "why are they so unkind"
The Mahatma. :'( :'( :'(

Des

Anyone for a low mileage, only driven on weekends lady owner gull wing?

Des

Or how about a 600 grosser in need of some cosmetic work?

Des

I reckon with the time and money that 6 door Pullman could have been saved

it is rusted through in a lot of areas but you could i imagine have new sections made and welded in place, with only like 152 of them made it is a very rare car.

oscar

How about the thickness of that paint falling off the gullwing? It's as though it was plastered on.

Des you might know this one, there was a site in the US of 600's being done up that had quite a few being scrapped for spares.  At least they were going to good use but gee, you'd think it would be one model where all would be running or stored.  Same as the gullwing but moreso the 600's.

Danny Berry

How the fuck, do a 300SL and a 600 pullman end up in a breakers yard? :-\

gregdeklerk

Even great Mercedes will die sometime!!

AMG69

Danny, you took the words out of my mouth as it were - how on earth do MB 600's end up in a grave yard?? Thats wierd.  Will we see Maybach's in this condition one day?  Incredible.

The site Oscar was looking for is here : its Karl Middlehauve in the USA; he restores them and I guess is one of a handful of people buying the wrecks.

http://www.mbgrand600.com/

(see "Parts" to see line up of wrecked 600's)

I have to say my new DREAM car is this ex John Lennon MB600 Pullman; WHite with black velour. 

http://www.kienle.com/daten/english/1280+/db/Select2.asp?ID=238&START=&Info=Info

sigh....sitting back contemplating the next purchase..!

s class

I find these pictures very sad.  There's a pic there of a brown W116 SEL sitting on the ground and therefore probably a 6.9.  Here in South Africa I just cant find 6.9's for sale.  I would gladly adopt that cart if it were here.  Oh my it is a shame. 

[color=blue]'76 6.9 Euro[/color], [color=red]'78 6.9 AMG[/color], '80 280SE, [color=brown]'74 350SE[/color], [color=black]'82 500SEL euro full hydro, '83 500SEL euro full hydro [/color], '81 500SL

oscar

AMG69, that's the one.  I remember the John lennon 600.  Apparently my wife has first dibs.  I kinda wish she did too.

gregdeklerk

Go for it Oscar. That way next time you can go down to Canberra in style!

oscar

Quote from: gregdeklerk on 26 March 2007, 05:03 AM
Go for it Oscar. That way next time you can go down to Canberra in style!
Ok, so I forgot my corked hat, as you would've probably have seen by now.  Apologies for that, and Michel was the only one that made an effort with the newer trendier flyscreen version (not pictured), but who says I didn't travel in style?