News:

The ORG - Truly Independent and Unbiased!

Main Menu

I want one

Started by Des, 02 March 2007, 07:27 AM

Des

have a look at this, forget the wheels and the headlights, look at the body lines, the curves and gentle lines, this is one beautiful car,  a real sports car for people who want a rolling statement of elegance and beauty.

http://emercedesbenz.com/Feb07/28_Reader_Submitted_Photos_Of_The_Mercedes_Benz_Ocean_Drive_Concept.html

s class

The radiator grille is too vertical and the lines around the headlights just dont gel, but the rear end is to die for.  The lines down the sides are bold yet restrained with a subtle timeless elegance.  Get me one too please. 

[color=blue]'76 6.9 Euro[/color], [color=red]'78 6.9 AMG[/color], '80 280SE, [color=brown]'74 350SE[/color], [color=black]'82 500SEL euro full hydro, '83 500SEL euro full hydro [/color], '81 500SL

oscar

The first pic reminded me of Art Deco styling. Simple and bold straight lines.  It carries it thru the sides and the rear seems more conventional in likeness to current models.  It has streamlining as if borrowed from an alien spaceship in a B&W sci-fi movie. Being brutally honest sorry. :)

I'd still rather a pagoda :)
1973 350SE, my first & fave

Martin 280s

Now that's smart...although it is a photoshop production isn't it?

gregdeklerk

I still have not forgiven Mercedes for designing and producing the CLS, so I really can't get my head around concept.

Des

Quote from: Martin 280s on 02 March 2007, 08:14 AM
Now that's smart...although it is a photoshop production isn't it?

No it's a real car, well a concept model that MB say they are going to put into production.

Martin 280s

In an odd sort of a way it harks back to the days of the 'Adenauer' cabriolet. There's a hint of a front wing and a rear shoulder, a near vertical grille and oh-so 'in your face'.
The headlights are a bit iffy though, and there could be a touch more chrome.

oscar

There's a picture and a bit of a write up about this concept car in Unique Cars (Aus mag).  I bought it today because of the red 57 chev coupe drool drool on the front cover.  Just quickly skimmed thru it but left it at work.  It must have appeared at the sydney motor show.

There was also a pic of a holden creation that looks like a concept FJ.  I'll have to read it, I didn't have time today but at first I wondered it was the "new" holden styria was talking about but clearly no.  Haven't seen a new VE.  Actually, I probably have but wouldn't notice the difference between it and the VY.  Were there any racing in Adelaide today in the supercars?

As far as Commodore styling, never been a Holden fan but the VT Clubsport always seemed to me to be the pinnacle in commodore appearance.  I don't think they've topped it yet.
1973 350SE, my first & fave