Community > Auto Torque

I hope this isn't anyone's burnt W116 here in NSW

(1/3) > >>

chinny4290:
I hope this wasn't anyone's W116 here...let alone, someone caught in the recent bushfires in NSW.

Was writing a news article about it and searching the Getty Images database and I saw this burn W116. I know there's a strong Australian presence here.

:(

Sad loss for a W116 but i hope whoever it belonged to, they made out OK as that's more important. Again, hope it wasn't anyone here :(

ptashek:
Seems to be a 6.9 as well.
Never mind the car though, I too hope everyone made it out OK.

nathan:
cmon PT, thats not a 6.9, steel wheels!   ;) interesting though, do you think the springs would melt and thats why it dropped or is it just because the tyres are gone?

ptashek:

--- Quote from: nathan on 15 November 2019, 04:49 PM ---cmon PT, thats not a 6.9, steel wheels!   ;) interesting though, do you think the springs would melt and thats why it dropped or is it just because the tyres are gone?

--- End quote ---

Dunno, the way it dropped made me think it could be a 6.9, i.e. springs would somewhat support the car still, unlike a cooked-out strut.
Doesn't really matter; 6.9 or not, someone had a really bad day.

floyd111:
At the same time, somewhere out there may be a celebrative wife with college-heading kids  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version