News:

www.W116.org - All about the Car!

Main Menu

I bought a 560SEL today

Started by bahnstormer109, 05 February 2008, 04:36 AM

bahnstormer109

Hi Michel,

i dont know how much the service/ work was yet, the mech hasnt given me the bill. ill let you know when i get it. i have some rough estimates, like $500 for the hydro cells, $700 for timing chain, $500 for brakes, maybe $2500 all up??? who knows ill wait and see. i factored in having to spend a couple of grand straight away when i was buying it, the seller actually wanted $6000 for it. apart from the engine mounts the mechanic didnt find anything i hadnt already worked out myself on the test drive. i knew what i was in for.

it can be driven daily now that work is done. theres nothing wrong with it that will cause it to break down. it drives beautifully. ive already put about 250km on it in the past week.

spending money on it doesnt bother me, i just prioritise what needs to be done and do a few things each year. this is how ive always run my cars. i prefer to spend money on maintainence and restoration than lose it in depreciation on a new car. it also still works out cheaper, gives me better resale, and the cars i get to own are better!

its just a weekend car sort of thing for me, i use my 300TD for daily running around.

ill take some more pics soon.
Paolo,
Brisbane, Australia.

72 300SEL 3.5
84 280CE
86 560SEL
86 230TE

bahnstormer109

Hi Michel,

i was actually just talking to 116benz about the 560 and how its very insulated. when i drive it, the world is moving past the windows so i guess everything is ok.

i find it a bit unnerving not hearing the engine and knowing exactly that the cars doing.

im used to the older models which are more engageing and give more feedback.

the 560 is soothing to drive though. im really loving it. i look for excuses just to take it out.
Paolo,
Brisbane, Australia.

72 300SEL 3.5
84 280CE
86 560SEL
86 230TE

116Benz

You need milk now don't you?  ;D