News:

Please add your location to your profile. It will help others to help you!

Main Menu

Hydrogen Pumps?

Started by john erbe, 03 July 2017, 11:57 AM

john erbe

Anyone out ever try one? Done some research and I've seen them on Utube claiming increase in power and milage. Quite simple, a solution filled tank with electrodes at each end giving off hydrogen gas hooked to air intake.

ptashek

Quote from: john erbe on 03 July 2017, 11:57 AM
Anyone out ever try one? Done some research and I've seen them on Utube claiming increase in power and milage. Quite simple, a solution filled tank with electrodes at each end giving off hydrogen gas hooked to air intake.

What all those videos fail to mention is that the setup puts a very high load on your alternator, meaning the engine need to work harder. In the end you end up using more energy (in fuel terms) than the unit produces (by way of hydrogen).
1993 "Pearl Blue" W124 280TE
1988 "Arctic White" W124 200T
1979 "Icon Gold" W116 450SE

daantjie

What about just a water injection system? I know Jay Leno has one on his 600 for what it's worth. Not sure if this is what you are talking about?
Daniel
1977 450 SEL 6.9 - Astralsilber

john erbe

I believe we may be talking about the same thing, although Leno's is methanol with water, a different animal. The set-up I refer to is just a reservoir with water and an additive, some use baking soda, with a hose running up to you air filter snorkel.

djenka018

I read (and bought it) that the only true benefit is that it improves combustion at idle (or very low 1/min) on worn out engines as it is a well made mix of fuel/air and aslo a better combustible fuel.
Sure, the energy cost ratio is indeed less than 1 (always take more energy than what it puts back)
Vitamin C for SL... the SLC