News:

www.W116.org - By the people, for the people!

Main Menu

how to access 300cd driver rear power window motor???

Started by Danny, 17 October 2011, 07:51 PM

Danny

Anyone have experience in accessing subject area without doing more harm than good?  i need some help getting in there to see why this window is not responding sight or sound.  does the back seat have to come out?

Casey

It's painful, but no, you don't need to remove the seat.  Here's my very technical, detailed memory of the process from getting a new passenger rear regulator/motor from the junkyard...

You do need to remove the side panel.  Then there's an access panel behind it that unscrews.  Then you mess around and remove bolts for a while, eventually freeing the window which slides out towards the front of the vehicle in the raised position.  Then you get in there with some long extensions on your ratchet and scratch your head for a while.  Eventually, the whole regulator and motor comes out, and you realize you removed a few bolts you didn't need to in the first place.  Good luck getting it back in, I haven't tried that yet!

It's definitely the most difficult regulator I've ever dealt with.

DialecticDielectrics

Just to be clear, no holes must be drilled to replace the rear window motor, right?  Replacing the motors on the front windows requires drilling holes into the door, to access the nuts that hold the motor in place, but this isn't the case for the rear windows then?  Instead you just take out the entire window opener/regulator with the motor attached and replace the motor once those parts are outside of the door?