News:

The ORG - Truly Independent and Unbiased!

Main Menu

Here's a bargain....

Started by Grant V, 23 July 2007, 07:13 AM

Grant V

"You've bought another bloody car?!? We should have you committed!" he shrieked, storming out of the room

oscar

Quote from: Grant V on 23 July 2007, 07:13 AM
- does that 6.3 or 600 still look so attractive?

Well yes!!  So long as the injectors are included 8)

But it makes you wonder Grant.   I've said something similar for the 6.9 or for any w116 really, that, if you went to Stuttgart and asked for a new Grosser, 6.9 or or 350SE, assuming the parts for OEM everything command the sort of prices as in the above link (and assuming all parts can be made), would you end up with a new Grosser with a comparitive "seasonally adjusted" price that's the same as it was in the late 60's for eg?  Would a new 350SE cost the same as an S320?

I have no idea BTW.  But it's an interesting thought.

As for the price of the ebay injector - tell him his dreaming ;D

1973 350SE, my first & fave

Grant V

Oscar,

I'm being sarcastic when I say "Here's a bargain...", but actually (if you have deep enough pockets) I'm being quite truthful. I sent an e-mail to Niemoeller a few months ago inquiring prices on injectors and they quoted me......wait for it.....EUR 1475 each! So, strictly speaking, this is a bargain.
"You've bought another bloody car?!? We should have you committed!" he shrieked, storming out of the room

oscar

Holy SH%T!! 

I know I probably can't comprehend the disposable income of the top grosser owners/collectors, but do these injectors sell? 
Has anyone on the M100 forum said "as part of my resto I just received 8 new injectors"? 
Actually, it's a silly question I suppose.  If you had the money, of course you'd buy them. 

It's just hard to comprehend that's all.  I need a reality check.  I might go and look at the Sultan of Brunei's car collection list again.

1973 350SE, my first & fave

Grant V

Thanks Styria, that's good to know.

I might be contacting you about a 6.3 diff - I'll let you know