News:

The ORG - Truly Independent and Unbiased!

Main Menu

Goodwood Festival of Speed 2009

Started by adamb, 05 July 2009, 05:18 PM

adamb

I've spent today at the Goodwood Festival of Speed in sunny Sussex (England, in case you don't know). What an event! Not only do you get to enjoy Formula 1 cars from the dawn of the mororing age to today getting thrashed in a hill run but you also get to mingle in the paddocks talking to people famous in motor racing. Current F1 leader Jenson Button and the current F1 champion Lewis Hamilton were both showing off their skills and spending ages with the crowds signing autographs. It's hard to choose a moment which I enjoyed most as I did enjoy absolutely everything. But if pushed, I'd say that my personal highlight was getting to sit in the original 1938 W154 "Silver Arrow" Mercedes-Benz racer. Here's a pic of it going at Goodwood. The car came from the museum in Stuttgart so I felt rather privileged. Anyway, guess where I'm going a year from now!

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2009/07/04/mercedes-and-auto-union-silver-arrows-goodwood-festival-of-speed-2009-pictures/mercedes-benzw154_1938_ii-2/